Thread: Light not bright enough

1. Default Light not bright enough

I just bought a serious. It is my first mind machine. I had previously built an old fashion dream machine with a record player. I love it, but I hated that you had to lean forward to get right on top of it to get it to be bright enough to see the patterns. That's why I bought the serious. So I could sit back and relax while getting the full brightness from the glasses. Only problem is, they don't seem very bright even when turned up all the way.

Has anybody else ever had this complaint? Are some glasses brighter than others? I bought directly from the mindplace website and got the glasses it came with

2. Default Re: Light not bright enough

Could I pry off the opaque plastic piece that is in between the LED and my eye without ruining the glasses? Are the LED's glued to the plastic panel behind them with the front plastic piece just there for extra protection so they don't get banged or bumped?

Or will prying off the front plastic piece make the LED's fall out?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Light not bright enough

Quote Originally Posted by KorskiKid View Post
    Could I pry off the opaque plastic piece that is in between the LED and my eye without ruining the glasses? Are the LED's glued to the plastic panel behind them with the front plastic piece just there for extra protection so they don't get banged or bumped?

Or will prying off the front plastic piece make the LED's fall out?
    I don't think that would be a good idea. I believe that the cover does hold the LEDs in place. Any mods like that would void the warranty of course.

I'll find out if the other glasses are brighter or not. Make sure you have fresh brand-new alkalines (not rechargables) in the unit.

-Andy.

4. Default Re: Light not bright enough

Thank you for the quick reply Andy.

I am using brand new energizer alkaline batteries? I wonder if the using the AC cord would make them any brighter. I will try when I get home.

Andy's right--the plastic covers both diffuse light further and protect your eyes in case the surface mount LEDs should come loose (though this has never happened, best to be safe!).

White LEDs tend not to be as bright as other colors, like red and green. The Proteus is our brightest mind machine, while the Sirius is intended for more 'mainstream' use.

We do offer other colors for the Sirius, such as red and amber and blue... blue is the dimmest and as I mentioned, red is the brightest. You could also plug Proteus glasses into it, but in this case the red would be driven by the left light channel from the Sirus, and green by the right channel.

Hope this helps!

Robert

6. Default Re: Light not bright enough

Thank you Robert. Would I be able to return my Sirius and buy a Proteus?

What is your return policy? I bought it directly from your web site

7. Default Re: Light not bright enough

Robert,

I got the Proteus and I love it. Thanks for working with me. I am now a happy customer!

Adam

8. Default Re: Light not bright enough

The first session I did was one of the preset visualization sessions. When I took the glasses off at the end, I felt like I had just gotten off a roller coaster! It was very awesome

Blog Entries

That's great news. Glad you like your new console!

Thanks for letting us know.

Thread Information