Thread: SynchroMuse question

1. Default SynchroMuse question

Hi,
    I'm a complete newb, having only received my Procyon today. I took a look at the SynchroMuse tutorial, and it seems that to take a full cd's worth of meditation music and 'SynchroMuse' it would take forever, so I am wondering if there is some software out there which will take a cd and apply some random settings (within given parameters) to the entire cd? If not, are there any tech specs for SynchroMuse so I could write my own software to do it for me?
    thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: SynchroMuse question

Hi Ashbash;

Unfortunately, there is no software at the moment to automate the process. If you are handy with programming and would like to put something together, I'm sure it's something that the entire community would very much appreciate.

The trick in making it automatic would be how it could possibly decide where in the piece of music to make the changes.

Let me know what information you need. Much of the technical info is in the tutorial.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: SynchroMuse question

Thanks for the reply Andy.
    I'm going to give this a go, but i'm not sure how i'm going to make it work! My original thought was just to look for significant changes in volume to signal the end/start of the next section, but I'm going to have to cater for fade outs too. Once i've got that vaguely working i'm guessing i'm going to have to look into beat/tempo recognition (which sounds quite hairy!).
    That will hopefully get me to a point where I have a list of segment timings.
    Then comes the bit i'll need to pester you for help with: creating the Procyon session, the header and the DAS file.....but it will take me a while to get that far!

Blog Entries

Default Re: SynchroMuse question

Cool. Let me know how it progresses!

-Andy.

Thread Information