Thread: Dual Inductions

1. Default Dual Inductions

Hi Marisa and all,

I have been researching hypnotic/suggestion scripts (along with related topics) and found quite a variety. Paid for several download scripts to see how 'the professionals' (?) do this. Got some not-so pro results!

Different approaches seem to be: voice only, voice plus background music, voice plus music plus binaural beats/similar. And then we have single voice, dual voices (left/right channel).

For me (at least) the inclusive of background music is good, but then again I do have one script from a very persuasive hypnotherapist that is voice only, and it really 'sounds' good. Feels good too.

Q1: Is added music, assuming good quality music that fits, generally considered better than voice alone? Is it best to use music all the time?

Q2: Does having two voices at once really work? (L/R channel) Or is it a gimmick that sounds good but deludes oneself? Is it a female only thing? (See below.)

Ref Q1, I am going to add some music to my favourite voice only script and see what happens, by the way. This query is part of my ongoing research.

For Q2, males suffer from only being able to listen to one thing at a time, whereas females can multi-task (apparently) when talking/listening. Yes, woman are truly from Venus.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 01-29-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Typos fixed...
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Default Re: Background Music for Scripts

Hi Richard,

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Hi Marisa and all,

Q1: Is added music, assuming good quality music that fits, generally considered better than voice alone? Is it best to use music all the time?
    Voice alone is just fine. The power lies in the tone and rhythm the voice creates. The voice should go lower and slower the deeper you want the trance.

Q2: Does having two voices at once really work? (L/R channel) Or is it a gimmick that sounds good but deludes oneself? Is it a female only thing? (See below.)
    I think many people get the dual voice thing wrong. It's mostly a gimmick unless you do it the way Bandler teaches it. I think he may have been the one to start the dual induction thing ... but I could be wrong.

Bandler's Instructions for dual hypnosis: "One of you will do complex syntax for the left hemisphere. Use lots of negation, and all the words and phrases that have to do with time: before, after, during, while, as you stop yourself from preventing the fact that you're trying to continue, when. Use all the linkage words -- all of that counts. The only difference is that you increase your tempo to about double that of the other person. That helps overload. Continue to place phrasing on their breathing so that it's even and smooth. Keep your intonation going down at the end of each sentence. Just double the speed at which you talk.

The person will be talking to the right hemisphere (left ear) about nursery rhymes. "Mary has a little lamb, its fleece was ..." But only do part of them so that your subject has to finish them. Then give the person a little space by pausing; then add another one. Tell the subject to see bits and pieces of visual memories from the past that they really, really enjoyed, lots and lots. Use childhood tonalities as much as you can. "Deeper go, trance in; sleep now; deeper sleep and sleep; eyes open, very alert listening to Richard, now."

As you do this, I want you to start with just the kinesthetic induction, match hands, apart, match, apart. Then say, "Close your eyes, let your hands go down at the same rate at which you drop all the way into a deep trance.

At that point, I want you both to start talking. Once the person looks zoned all the way through the floor, one of you holds up his hand and one of you gives the instructions to go back, again , and find a place where the person had heightened awareness.

Use experiences that will amplify hyphersthesia. For example, did you see the movie "On Golden Pond?" How many of you had been outside and the colors were brighter? Time was moving slower? We all have experiences of heightened awareness. The the person to go and find the most heightened awareness he ever had. ..."

Source: Time for A change by Richard Bandler, pg. 158

Ref Q1, I am going to add some music to my favourite voice only script and see what happens, by the way. This query is part of my ongoing research.
    Voice tonality and rhythm is very important. Music that is really good to use for rhythm is the sound of the surf .. probably because it has a very slow beat and you want to invoke a Theta state.

For Q2, males suffer from only being able to listen to one thing at a time, whereas females can multi-task (apparently) when talking/listening. Yes, woman are truly from Venus.
    [/QUOTE]

No. Every person is capable of be aware of only 7 (+/-2) things at once, which is why Bandler is suggesting to overload the person's senses. When you do that, they will go into a trance. While there are brain differences between men and women, I have not come across any information that suggests that hypnosis of men should differ in any way than to women. I haven't seen anything in Erickson's books, Bandlers, NLP, the hypnosis courses I took, research ... nada. We are all equally suggestible given certain conditions.

M.

Default Re: Dual Inductions

Hi
    It's been awhile since you wrote the above, I wonder how your research on dual inductions came along,
    I would be interested to know what was that one script (from the "pro") that you liked.
    I'm searching for dual induction scripts (really good ones) and for more info on how to?
    In our clinic we work two people at the same time with a client - and it works amazingly! as I read here - I'm looking for someone who is more knowledgeable than us - on the how to a very good induction!
    Which are the best downloads or cd to get?
    your answer is highly appreciated. Thanks.
    IHH
    any info

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dual Inductions

Hi,

I don't have anything better than what is written below regarding dual inductions. I closed my hypnotherapy practice a few years ago and so I haven't given dual inductions much thought since then.

If I was to suggest anything, it would be to contact Andrew Austin: http://www.23nlpeople.com/, who specializes in this kind of training. If he is unable to help you, then he may be able to recommend someone else to you. It may be worth while checking out Nick Kemp as well: http://www.nickkemp.com/. Both of these guys can also be found on Facebook.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information