Thread: Setting rates manually and suggesting sessions

Default Setting rates manually and suggesting sessions

Hello again

Several questions I am afraid. (I am writing down all the answers on my printed session sheets )

1. Can you suggest which sessions would be good to use first thing in the morning to get me going. I tend to suffer from low grade depression and at times waking is not a very pleasant experience as I feel a weight on me so to speak.
    2. I have mentioned the extra wave lengths ie Gama and Epsilom and I know they are not exactly lauded as they are the not invention but they have been named by Dr Thomson.

I see that the proteus sessions only go as high as 30 HZ so if I use my machine in conjunction with an mp3 that preports to have Gamma with binaural beats what will happen as far as entrainment goes?

I would like to ask this about the bottom range too as Epsilom is very low indeed and the theta delta ones (43-47) only go as low as 1

1. Which sessions can I use when working at my pc to write poetry etc without using the glasses?
    2. I tried to use the machine manually but wondered how to stop it at any given level. I found it going either up slowly or down slowly but did not seem to be able to just say be inducted gradually from say theta to delta then set it very low or the other way round in the higher realms.
    3. What sessions do you suggest for cheering you up if you are feeling abit low...
    4. what sessions do you suggest to use instead of say a glass of wine?

Sorry for all the questions. I added a bit of colour to soften the blow

Alison

Blog Entries

Default Re: Setting rates manually and suggesting sessions

Hi Moonchild,

Can you suggest which sessions would be good to use first thing in the morning to get me going. I tend to suffer from low grade depression and at times waking is not a very pleasant experience as I feel a weight on me so to speak.
    I would go with something more in the Alpha/SMR range. P-38-42

I have mentioned the extra wave lengths ie Gama and Epsilom and I know they are not exactly lauded as they are the not invention but they have been named by Dr Thomson.
    Gamma tends to overlap what is often called "high beta". The Gamma range starts at 30 Hz.

I see that the Proteus sessions only go as high as 30 HZ so if I use my machine in conjunction with an mp3 that preports to have Gamma with binaural beats what will happen as far as entrainment goes?
    Your Proteus goes up to 50 Hz - so lots of Gamma available.

Binaural beats work best on the lower frequencies and probably not at all on the Gamma range. I can speculate a few outcomes on mixing the CD with the Proteus: 1. Your brain could decide there is too much going on, decide it's noise and ignore it all = nothing happens. 2. Your brain could choose one of the frequencies and follow it = something happens. 3. You tolerate the session for about a minute and then have to shut it off because that much Gamma coming at you for longer periods can cause anxiety or a giant headache = unfavorable result.

I would like to ask this about the bottom range too as Epsilom is very low indeed and the theta delta ones (43-47) only go as low as 1
    The Proteus goes as low as 0.5 Hz and so Epsilom isn't possible with this machine. In the world of EEG and brainwaves, anything lower than 0.5 = brain dead.

Which sessions can I use when working at my pc to write poetry etc without using the glasses?
    P21 or 22
    I tried to use the machine manually but wondered how to stop it at any given level. I found it going either up slowly or down slowly but did not seem to be able to just say be inducted gradually from say theta to delta then set it very low or the other way round in the higher realms.
    The manual setting is used more for testing and not sessions. What you are wanting is an actual program. P 44 for the lowest level of Delta (you'll probably fall asleep with this one). Note - this program does not ramp up at the end and so you may end up feeling groggy if you do it during the day time. P 27 goes into Delta and may be what you are looking for in exploring the mind - like deep meditation. The higher frequency programs: P1 or 4 may be worth trying. They go closest to the gamma range.

What sessions do you suggest for cheering you up if you are feeling abit low...
    what sessions do you suggest to use instead of say a glass of wine?
    In both cases, anything that is Alpha based. Try P 19

Sorry for all the questions. I added a bit of colour to soften the blow
    Well done!

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 05-02-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Marisa
    That is a huge help. I am getting really into the swing of things and feeling much more aware of the benefits of my Proteus. I think the greatest mistake I was making was to try to combine it with my own mp3's. NOT that I am suggesting for a moment that the combining is not a good idea in case anyone reading this gets that idea. Some sessions are especiaslly geared for that. I think in my case I was trying to combine the binaural beat ones at high or low and as you say, the brain can become confused but will decide on a course of action that was maybe not the one hoping for.
    I think my best plan is to save the custom made mp3's at high or low for sessions on their own...and save my Proteus for standard sessions or sessions with accompanying music (which I have not really expanded on to be honest)
    or use self improvement tapes with the recommended sessions. I was trying to do too much and getting frustrated.

Once I get my new glasses and order another download cable I hope to try some of the older programs I gave the site. At present I cannot access them as I have lost the cable ;-(

I have recommended the Proteus to many people. I feel that it really could help millions actually in these times of high stress and an epidemic of folk on anti depressinats. This is one of my major interests actually.
    The use of it in healing and changing old worn out ways of thinking and encouraging new neural pathways for the brain.

I have added the recommended sessions to my session sheets and I am really starting to feel I have valuable tool so thanks again for your patience and understanding as I try to get the best out of my machine.
    Alison
    Last edited by Moonchild; 05-03-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    Life is but a dream

4. Default Re: Setting rates manually and suggesting sessions

I'd like to add that I use my Proteus in manual mode frequently. When I don't feel like a programme I put on music of my choice and run my own show, for entertainment and psychoactivity experimentation. As I sometimes peek under the glasses to see the frequency it has given me an intimate handle on the kind of visual effects that go with various frequency. Putting the red and green channels 180 degree out with a press of the middle button always gives the most striking visuals. The lack of a manual mode on my Procyon is a minus for me and it gets a lot less use , though I've recently been trying audiostrobe with red and blue tied together on one channel.

Mark

Hi there
    Thanks so much for sharing that. I understand from what I have heard that the Procyon does not do some things the Proteus does and vice versa. I am going to start using music to the tracks to add interest.
    I was wondering if peeping at the rate would knock me out of entrainment?
    Life is but a dream

6. Default Re: Setting rates manually and suggesting sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    I only peep at the rate if I see some interesting visual effects and want to reproduce them in the writing of a new session- usually I don't look at the screen much at all. One of my favorite visual effects at 8hz - 10 HZ or so is to hit the middle button and alternate between lights flashing together ( giving a sort of amber colour ) and lights alternating color , where I get both red and green and all sorts of colours and patterns in between.

Using the Proteus manually is certainly much more of an entertainment thing for me although when I have a long session with some favorite ambient music it sometimes can feel pretty deep. I usually turn the sound of the pulses off and just use the flashes al;one by setting the pitch of the pulses to a point where it is sub- audible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Hi there
    It depends on what kind of entrainment you are going after. If it's deep meditation - theta stuff - then "peeping" may pull you out. If it's Alpha/Beta stuff, then no - it wouldn't interfere.

If you are going for a trancy-theta state and you feel the urge to peek, then it wouldn't matter at that point because you would not have entered the theta trance state yet. When you are in the deep, trance state - you don't want to move because it feels too good not to.

Some states are easier to break than others, the beginning of the trance-like states are the most sensitive. Once in them you are okay and the effects may last if you are interrupted.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information