Thread: various questions on capability

1. Default various questions on capability

Hello,

On the Procyon can you control the left and right audio channels independently? That is, have a different sound in the left than the right ear?

I would like to produce an alternating sound on each side, in a way, a strobe for the ear. Pulse left, then pulse right, and control the rate, and the sound of the pulse.

And for the lights, is it possible have a different strobe rate or color for each side?

Also, it would be great to control the machine in real time from a computer, with a mouse. For example, the scroll wheel would increase or decrease the visual strobe rate, and the left and right mouse buttons would scroll up or down through a list of colors. Is that possible?

You could then use simple mouse controls to alter the frequency and the color, and perhaps the sound also.

Also, one last question....is the firmware on the unit upgradable for future enhancement?

(I still have a Voyager XL machine....one that was ahead of it's time.)

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: various questions on capability

Hi xanpatagon2; Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by xanpatagon2 View Post
    On the Procyon can you control the left and right audio channels independently? That is, have a different sound in the left than the right ear?
    Yes.

And for the lights, is it possible have a different strobe rate or color for each side?
    No. Both sides work together.

Also, it would be great to control the machine in real time from a computer, with a mouse. For example, the scroll wheel would increase or decrease the visual strobe rate, and the left and right mouse buttons would scroll up or down through a list of colors. Is that possible?
    It's possible, but not done at this point. I'm not sure if that would be of much use in brain entrainment, but might be fun for visual effects, I suppose...

Also, one last question....is the firmware on the unit upgradable for future enhancement?
    Absolutely. The Proteus (the predecessor to the Procyon) had many firmware updates which included many enhancements and additional features. The Procyon is quite new, but however has has a couple of OS updates since it's release.

3. Default Re: various questions on capability

1) About controlling the unit real time from a computer...through the USB port. Is that simply a matter of accessing the driver's API through a not-yet-written software user interface on the PC?

2) With a new firmware update would one be able to control the left and right visual components individually?

I would like to talk with someone from the company in person on the phone about new applications and potentially a new market for this product. Please send me a private email through this forum.

Blog Entries

Default Re: various questions on capability

Quote Originally Posted by xanpatagon2 View Post
    1) About controlling the unit real time from a computer...through the USB port. Is that simply a matter of accessing the driver's API through a not-yet-written software user interface on the PC?
    Pretty much. I'll get one of the MP people to answer that. They may have information or a .DLL or something that can be used to allow 3rd party software to be written.

2) With a new firmware update would one be able to control the left and right visual components individually?
    I don't think so. I believe the wiring is such that the 2 sides are paralleled, since independant L/R control is not needed for the Procyon's normal functions.

I would like to talk with someone from the company in person on the phone about new applications and potentially a new market for this product. Please send me a private email through this forum.
    I'll send on your request.

Thread Information