Thread: Recommended Books

Blog Entries

Default Recommended Books

I often get asked what books I recommend on the subject of Neurofeedback, improving brain function, hypnosis etc. So, here's a link to my website where the books are listed. With the exception of one or two books, I've purchased and read every book listed. So if you have any questions or wish to discuss a particular book or even recommend a book, please feel free to do so here.

http://www.ayrmetes.com/Books/books.htm

M.

2. Default Re: Recommended Books

Nice set of books, I thought i was up on the brain and this type of stuff yet I haven't read a single one of these books!!! Is neurofeedback the same as biofeedback?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommended Books

Quote Originally Posted by me0w
    Nice set of books, I thought i was up on the brain and this type of stuff yet I haven't read a single one of these books!!!
    Ya, but I'll bet the books you've read would have me drooling.

Is Neurofeedback the same as biofeedback?
    Usually Neurofeedback includes an EEG for the feedback. It's similar in that it is used to coax the brain waves into the desired frequency. Some use light and sound as the method of delivery, some use GSR (biofeedback). I'm by no means an expert on the subject - this is just what I've been able to surmise from my reading etc.

As you've probably noticed, there is not a lot of reliable information available on Light and Sound. There are even some self proclaimed "experts" out there whose information is either out of date or incorrect. How do I know? I usually ask Robert (owner of Mindplace) who's a real expert in the field (though he's too humble to admit it).

M.

Thread Information