Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with audiostrobe cds run on Procyon

Default Problem with audiostrobe cds run on Procyon

I have just purchased 5 audiostrobe cds and I tried to run them in my
    portable cd player which I connected to my Procyon device. I can hear the
    sound but the ganzframes are not lighting up. Could you help?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with audiostrobe cds run on Procyon

Hi Argyro;

Couple of things to check:

1. Is the Procyon in "AS" mode? (Press the M/II button while the unit is stopped to change the mode until it reads "AS".
    2. Try turning up the output of the CD player. The Procyon needs a certain amount of volume before it responds to the audiostrobe signals.
    3. You've got good, new batteries or USB power?
    3. Dumb question, but I assume the frames work fine in standalone (SES mode)?

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll see what else might be the problem.

-Andy.

Thanks Andy. I changed the batteries on Procyon and the Ganzframes work fine. However, through the headphones I can hear the Audiostrobe cd music but also a noise like the binaural sounds heard when I run one of the programs in SES mode. Could you suggest a solution?

Blog Entries

Hi Argyro;

Glad you found the problem. Those sounds are normal. Some people want them along with the music. If you don't want them, just turn down the volume on the Procyon. That volume control will not affect the music coming from your CD player.

Procyon Volume control controls Procyon Sounds
    CD Volume control controls Music

-Andy.

Hi Andy. Thanks for the advice. I put the Procyon volume to minimum but the volume of the Procyon sounds does not change. I can still hear them and they are annoying to me. Could you suggest another way to solve this problem?

Blog Entries

That's odd.
    Just to be clear:
    When you adjust the volume control on the Procyon, there is no change to the Procyon sounds OR the CD music?

Does the volume control change the volume of the Procyon sounds when you're in "session" mode? (Just running a normal session, not using Audiostrobe)

I'd like to know why that Procyon is not operating as it's supposed to...

Anyway, a quick fix would be to get a headphone splitter (an adapter used to allow someone to plug 2 sets of headphones into one CD or MP3 player) and then connect the Procyon to one of the outputs and your headphones to the other.
    You can get those splitters anywhere that you buy MP3 players.

Keep me posted!

-Andy.

Hi Andy. Thanks for the quick fix solution you suggested. I will try it.

Regarding your question my answer is that when I run the Procyon in SES mode the volume changes but when I run it in AS mode the volume on the Procyon does not change. It remains the same whether I put it on maximum or minimum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argyro View Post
    Hi Andy. Thanks for the quick fix solution you suggested. I will try it.

Regarding your question my answer is that when I run the Procyon in SES mode the volume changes but when I run it in AS mode the volume on the Procyon does not change. It remains the same whether I put it on maximum or minimum.
    Thanks for your answer. I just need to be 100% clear, to really understand the issue.

When you run the Procyon in SES mode, you hear tones from the Procyon, and the volume control on the Procyon brings them up and down. Correct?

When you run the Procyon in AS mode, you shouldn't hear any tones until you start the AS CD. Is that true?

When you run the Procyon in AS mode, and you start the CD, you hear music AND tones. Correct?

Are the tones you hear when the Procyon is in SES mode and in AS mode similar? (obviously not the same frequency, but a similar sort of sound?)

When you turn the volume up and down on the CD player, do the tones go up and down following the volume change, or do they stay the same?

What I'm trying to determine is whether the tones that you are hearing are really generated by the Procyon or somehow by the CD player.

Something is very strange and I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

-Andy.

Hi folks,
    i dont know if this will help in this case but i have found using A.S. with a portable cd player the anti shake buffer wrecks the encoded signal, when i turned mine off it works ok.Hope this helps .
    Regards Coypu.

Blog Entries

Addendum:

Argyro - What OS is your Procyon running (the number that flashes on the display when you first turn on the console)

You really shouldn't be hearing anything but the sounds that are on the AudioStrobe CD, so I'm not certain why you're hearing other sounds.

Please get back to me about the other items so we can figure this out!

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 01-15-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Thread Information