Thread: Procyon and Audiostrobe

Default Procyon and Audiostrobe

Hi there, I've only had my procyon for a couple of days so am just starting out, the couple of sessions I have tried I've enjoyed though.

I'm still a bit confused about using cd's with the procyon. Do I just plug in to my cd player and the lights will change with the cd that is playing? Also the audiostrobe cd's that you sell, do the lights of the procyon interact with the cd sounds - if that makes sense

Smurf

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon and Audiostrobe

Hi Smurf and welcome to the community!

The Procyon manual doesn't say much about AudioStrobe, but if you check the Proteus manual (http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm) on page 9 there is a little information.

For a CD to cause the tones and colours to change on the Procyon, the CD needs to be an "AudioStrobe" CD, in that it will have some tones encoded into the music that the Procyon reacts to, or "Synchromuse" which is a different kind of encoding that you can even make yourself. See "Synchromuse Tutorial" at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

The difference is that Audiostrobe is a proprietary format that requires commercial software to create and only can control 2 colours. Synchromuse is free and can work with the Procyon's expanded colour capabilities.

Do a bit of a search on the forum for AudioStrobe and Synchromuse for more information or post back if you can't find the answers you're looking for.

-Andy.

Thanks Andy - so what you're saying is the audiostrobe cd's wouldn't really be worthwhile getting as they would only show as two colours on my procyon not all of the colours that the procyon has.

I don't think my technical know how is up to making my own using the editor or synchromuse.

Do you know of anyone on the forum who has managed to do so and has shared with the forum

Blog Entries

Hello again;

I'm sure people have created Synchromuse discs, but so far there aren't any available for purchase or download that I know of...

Perhaps as the Procyon gains popularity some enterprising individual will decide to start a business creating/aquiring some music and building SynchroMuse collections...

I can't really comment on how effective AudioStrobe CDs are on the Procyon, but I do know that people are using the Procyon in that way. I don't think they are any less effective on the Procyon than on the Proteus, it's just that the Procyon has more capabilities than can be realized by the AudioStrobe format.

-Andy.

Thread Information