Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Version/Driver issues under Vista

1. Default Procyon Version/Driver issues under Vista

Correction to my original post below. The issue was with the Procyon hardware revision and incompatible drivers packaged with Editor 2.1.0. The drivers supplied with the prior version 1.7.22 work fine with Vista and my version of the Procyon.

--------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately it appears the Procyon drivers don't work with Vista. You'll get errors like the following:

Problem caused by TUSB3410 Boot Device

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and TUSB3410 Boot Device.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I'm thinking maybe something can be done with VMWare aan XP or W2K image running under the VM, but its allot of hassle.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-29-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Updated with driver version info

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon not supported on Vista

Hi Michael;

The Procyon should work properly on Vista. (We've tested it) The installation is a little different from XP, but if you're familiar with the general differences between XP and Vista in driver and software installs (run as administrator, extra warnings and so on) you shouldn't have any difficulty.

Are you sure you are installing the correct drivers for your machine? If your Procyon starts up and flashes "OS 1.7.4" then you should use the TUSB3410 drivers. They are included with Editor 1.7.22. If it flashes "OS 2.1.0" then you need to install the Silicon Labs drivers which are included with Editor 2.1.0. Both are found at: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

I have discovered, though, that sometimes the automagic Com-Port detection routine in the 2.1.0 editor fails in Vista and consequently it won't open the port. If that happens, just use the 1.7.22 editor which works fine on Vista and will work with both the 1.7.4 OS and 2.1.0 OS Procyons.

Let me know if that helps or if you need any further assistance. I am planning on doing a step-by-step for Vista install but haven't had the time yet!

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 12-29-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Update about the editor difference

3. Default Re: Procyon not supported on Vista

That was exactly it, thanks! With Editor 2.1.0 it failing, but Editor 1.7.22 worked fine.

Hello!

I`m popping in since I`m having the same problem here!

I did install the new drivers and it worked fine. But when I plug in the procyon, Vista said : found new hardware, checking... bla bla bla and then nothing.... after a while, it ask me if I have the disk !

What to do now?

thanks

Claude ( AKA Phalguy )

Blog Entries

Hi Claude;

Go to the Procyon AVS folder and run the "CP2102 Drivers.exe" file. Follow the screens and then point the "New Hardware Wizard" to the "Program Files\Procyon AVS\SiLabs Drivers" folder.
    If that doesn't work, go to the "Program Files\Procyon AVS\SiLabs Drivers" Folder and run "Preinstaller.exe". Follow the screens and
    then point the New Hardware wizard to "Program Files\SiLabs\MCU\210x"

Sorry for the hassle I hope to get some screenshots up soon as I can see this is going to be an issue!

-Andy.

Default Re: Procyon Version/Driver issues under Vista

Hello and thank you for your answer!

I tried it but it doesn`t work! Everytime I click on the CP2102 Drivers.exe, I got an arror message from winzip saying:

Can`t create Slabser.sys... and so on!

Back to square one...... :-(

Claude

Blog Entries

Ah - one of the fun things about Vista!
    Right-click CP2102 Drivers.exe and select "run as administrator". New "saftey" feature built into Vista, I guess...

It worked !

Vista installed the driver like a charm ! I just has to open in as an administrator even though I am the administrator on my computer and I have all the right.....

Thank you Andy!

A few hours later.....

I can open the editor but this one keep telling me that my port is not open. do you want to open it ? and keep looping. !

Any idea?

Thanks

Claude
    Last edited by Phalguy; 01-02-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Dear Andy,

I actually have the same problem. I?m running Vista on my PC and have the Procyon Console Revision 2. Therefore I?m bound to the Procyon Session Editor 2.1.0.
    I can install the software and unzip + install the USB-drivers, by performing the Preinstaller.exe without any problems.
    But the drivers for Console Revision 2 are not being recognized by Vista. Even if I point the New Hardware wizard to "Program Files\SiLabs\MCU\210x" - Vista tells me, that it hasn?t found any drivers for the Procyon USB Bridge Controller - so it seems, that these drivers are only compatible with XP but not with Vista - and therefore the Procyon Revision 2 Console cannot be controlled through a Vista PC - as long as there are no proper Drivers available for Vista.

Dear Andy,

I have just done a quick research on the Silabs Website - and the product description for the SiLabs CP210x USB to UART Bridge also says, that the device drivers support Windows 98SE/2000/XP - but no word about Windows Vista:

http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/publ.../interface.htm

Thread Information