Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 6month challenge

Blog Entries

Default Re: The 6month challenge

Quote Originally Posted by me0w View Post
    Thank you for doing that!

This is it http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...ight-paper.pdf
    "Academic performance enhancement with Photic stimulation and EDR feedback".

The paper goes on to say that they did sessions over the semester to improve their grades.

Thank you!
    Hi Meow,

I took a quick look at the paper and it appears to me that the best results were achieved with using a 12 - 14hz (which is SMR). While I don't know what program(s) they used, I can suggest a few programs of the Proteus, that focuses on this range, to try. You could try: P 6 - Peak Composure or P21 - Creativity enhancement.

You could also try a program I wrote, which focuses on a similar range of frequencies - See attached. I mostly use this program with just the sound however you can use it the traditional way or with just the sound while you are studying.

I'll also let you know what I hear from Robert.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Default Re: The 6month challenge

another update, I didn't use the LS but I did keep regular sleeping patterns and ate well and exercised very well. I now run in the mornings and exercise in someway every week. I got credits or higher in my last semester and I can definitely tell that everything I do is more conscious. Even though I haven't been using the proteus, I have been doing all the other 'right' things that you should do in your life. Eat right, Sleep right, and exercise.

I have a question, how much is the minimum amount of time that I could spend using LS a week and gain results? And is there a 'sweet spot' or an optimised amount of time that provide better results. For insance 30mins may produce '1 result' but 1hour will produce '4 results' where as 1h30 will produce '5 results', so the 1hour is the sweet spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by me0w View Post
    I have a question, how much is the minimum amount of time that I could spend using LS a week and gain results? And is there a 'sweet spot' or an optimised amount of time that provide better results. For insance 30mins may produce '1 result' but 1hour will produce '4 results' where as 1h30 will produce '5 results', so the 1hour is the sweet spot.
    Everyone is different so that is a question that only you can answer for yourself. Once your brain is entrained and use to going into whatever state you want it to easily, you may find that you only need to do a session once a week or two weeks.

It depends on what you are doing. For example, if concentration was the issue and you are now concentrating well, then you do not need to use the machine until you feel that your concentration is diminishing. It may be situational as well, meaning that there are some days where you could use a session and some days where you don't need one.

M.

4. Default Re: The 6month challenge

Hi everyone..
    So its been 4 years since I originally made this post. I wanted to update everyone on my learnings of it.

I have graduated and I think that had I not made the changes in the first semester that I did, I would not have made it. Lots of my friends have not completed uni due to whatever reasons and I could have become victim to those same reasons had I not built my self up to be capable of the pressures and demands of academic life.

Summary of my tests on my self:
    Omega3s work
    Multivitamins work
    Bvitamins work

They work better when you 'activate' them with exercise. Currently I take them in the morning on an empty stomach. I drink a tea with them. Then I go to the gym and they seem to be activated in a way. I used to have them with meals but the affects are different. It appears to be a 'cleaner' affect on my mind than an overwhelming 'cloudy' affect on my mind.

Exercise is VERY important. Particularly cardiovascular.
    Sleep is VERY important.
    Nutrition is VERY important.

It seems funny that I have had to spend 4 years to find out these basic things. However I am glad I did it earlier on in my life so now I can do it for the rest of my life. (Which I have been. I still take multivitamins/omega3/bcomplex.)

Another thing that is important in increasing your intelligence I have found is social. And lists/goals. Social for some reason increases the well being factor and synergizes with the other good things you are doing to take it to a higher level than you can achieve with (exercise/sleep/nutrition/vitamins). Lists and goals make you aware of your future and where you are going. It gives you direction and purpose.

I believe I am much smarter than I started out to be. Yes I can be bias but this is why I think this. I am more aware of things now, am able to problem solve quicker, grasp deep concepts quicker and if need be go high level on a problem or zoom in on the detail and connect everything together based on the attributes of each node. Some of these things I would never have been able to do before.

I have not been using my proteus but looking back I can see how I was more aware in certain things when I did it. After re-reading some posts on this thread before posting this. I think I will aim to use it atleast once this week for some reason and continue to use it more often into the future.

If anyone wants to ask questions about how to increase your intelligence I am more than welcome to answer your questions. I feel that I am always growing and my intelligence is infinite now. (In a way that you can teach yourself to be smarter and create the right conditions to increase intelligence.)

For anyone who reads this post,
    Never for a MOMENT think you are not smart enough or too dumb to do something. What I did is proof that you can change your circumstances / situation in your life. Before I began I didn't have a chance to get into the degree I completed. I hadn't completed school and wasn't accepted into the degree I wanted. So I didn't have the grades or the academic ability. I did have the drive/want to do it but that was it. Through hard work its possible. And now I feel ahead.

Was it worth it? Yes!

Congratulations!!! That's a great show of endurance, and it's great to see that AVS played its part.

Thanks for a wonderfully encouraging post.

Cheers,
    Craig

6. Default Re: The 6month challenge

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Congratulations!!! That's a great show of endurance, and it's great to see that AVS played its part.

Thanks for a wonderfully encouraging post.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Thank you

Thread Information