Thread: eye pain/headachs

1. Cool eye pain/headachs

hi all
    I have just got myself a procyon and only had it for a few days and I listened to one off the sessions for an hour on medieum light however after the session I had pains in my eyes with a bad headach which has lasted for quite some-time but now I am not sure what to do I have thought about sending it back and trying another machine so has anyone here had this experience with there machine,,

Blog Entries

Default Re: eye pain/headachs

Quote Originally Posted by johnyyy View Post
    hi all
    I have just got myself a procyon and only had it for a few days and I listened to one off the sessions for an hour on medieum light however after the session I had pains in my eyes with a bad headach which has lasted for quite some-time but now I am not sure what to do I have thought about sending it back and trying another machine so has anyone here had this experience with there machine,,
    Hi Johnyy,

You could try turning the lights down even farther and trying a shorter session. If you are light sensitive to the point that any level of brightness bothers you will find the same problem with all machines.

You may be able to work up to medium brightness but start at a really low brightness and a shorter session.

M.

3. Angry Re: eye pain/headachs

hi again
    turning the lights down even further takes away all the entertainment sessions with those rich and changing colours that this machine was partly built for so it becomes quite non-entertaining I have even had short sessions with medieum light but still with no luck,,,

Blog Entries

You are using the machine with your eyes closed, aren't you?

Blog Entries

Hi Johny,

Quote Originally Posted by johnyyy View Post
    hi again
    turning the lights down even further takes away all the entertainment sessions with those rich and changing colours that this machine was partly built for so it becomes quite non-entertaining I have even had short sessions with medium light but still with no luck,,,
    Andy brought up a a good question. Are you using the machine with your eyes closed?

If so, responding to your comment above, the idea for you to try it at a lower light brightness was to determine whether you still get a headache or not. What I'm trying to figure out is whether you are sensitive to flickering light or the brightness of light.

If you get a headache even with the lights dimmed significantly (so you can barely perceive it through your closed lids) then the problem may be that you are sensitive to flickering light. If this is the case, then your solution may be to program your machine so that it uses the ganzfeld effect (light changes but does not flicker).

If the flicker doesn't bother you but the brightness does, then you can condition your eyes to gradually accept the brighter light. The idea of dimming the lights can be a temporary condition if you want to experience the brighter light effects.

I don't think changing machines will provide you with a satisfactory solution because all light and sound machines have flickering lights - but not all of them diffuse the LEDs like we do, which actually is helpful to you. Not to mention, I believe the Procyon is the only one on the market at the moment that is ganzfeld capable as well as regular light and sound. I'm not trying to convince you to keep the machine, I just want to save you the trouble of returning it and buying a different one, only to experience the same problem. In the end, you may be one of those people who just can't use a AVS machine but before you decide that, it may be worth some experimentation to see if we can solve the problem.

M.

HI johnyyy,
    this may be of some assistance,try doing the sessions lying down, make sure your head and neck are well supported, also place the ganz frames further down your nose than you normaly would so that you are looking slightly down your nose.
    If you look upwards for a prolonged time your eyes will become heavy,this is why it is sometimes used in hypnotic inductions as an instruction!
    I had a similar problem when i started using a mindlab many years back, i was doing sessions sitting upright and as i became very relaxed my head fell forewards and i got a stiff neck .I hope this helps the procyon realy is a top machine and it would be a shame to missout on its benefits.
    Regards Coypu.

Thread Information