Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Procyon Software!

Default Re: New Procyon Software!

I just received my procyon and found it came with TI driver, although I expected Silicon Lab!

Is there a way to get a replacement from mindplace?

Blog Entries

Hi Firefly;

The functions and features of the 2 machines are just the same, it simply uses a different driver.
    The software and driver can be downloaded from http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

-Andy.

3. Default Re: New Procyon Software!

Hey Robert,

Any chance of wrangling a discount in exchange for programming "some cool software" and making it available to the gang? =)

Greetings--sounds intriguing! Please send me an email directly (robert@mindplace.com) so we can discuss what you have in mind in more detail.

Regards,

Robert

5. Default Re: New Procyon Software!

Is the session data file structure provided somewhere on the forum or on your main website?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Yes, the AudioStrobe conflicts with portable CD players which don't have a feature/button to DISABLE any "anti-shock" or "anti-skip" technology. This has been a known issue for some time, now.

FYI, the Bose portable CD players - which came bundled with the TriPort headphones - have a disable button. (The Bose players have never been part of their product line, and aren't available for purchase through Bose - they were always a "gift with purchase".) These, and the top-of-the-line Sony's are good choices to work with the AudioStrobe CD's. More to the point, the Bose units are very affordable (abt $40 on eBay). In contrast, the Sony models will cost at least $150 for units with anti-shock disabling capability.
    I managed to obtain a few brand new Bose players for about $30 each, and have a small stock for my customers (I'm a level 1 dealer) who buy the MindPlace units and want to use AudioStrobe CD's with the AVS devices.

What makes the Bose units so nice (other than the price!) is that they also have separate AC power jacks. You need BOTH (anti-shock disabling AND AC power jack), as battery-only units aren't reliable -- who wants the AudioStrobe CD session to grind to a halt in mid-session, because the batteries ran down!?!

Happy hunting! :-)

--- Patrick

7. Default Re: New Procyon Software!

Does the Bose cd player play mp3s? And does it show the track name or just the track number?

Thread Information