Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon and ADHD

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon and ADHD

Hi Rooz,

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz739 View Post
    Can anyone suggest a session? 15 - 20 mins is key since time is so short for me.
    Thank you for letting us know how you have managed some aspects of your ADD with the Proteus and Procyon. It's always good to hear such things and it's also encouraging for anyone else who has similar problems.

On the Proteus, I recommend Program 20.

On the Procyon, I recommend Program 5 or 6. Try program 6 first. It gives you a good 15 minute session with Alpha/SMR.

Try these programs and let me know the results. If you don't like them or you don't get the results you want, I can suggest something else. At the moment though, these are the best candidates for you.

M.

2. Default Re: Procyon and ADHD

Hi Marisa,

Actually, a classmate wanted to purchase the Proteus from me after he tried it so I sold it to him and then bought the Procyon.

On the Proteus I did use "concentration" (#20) a lot. One time, it was after I was on the cusp of a panic attack (brought on by ADD-induced Automatic Negative Thoughts), I used session #20 and had almost a religious experience. The light pulses all merged and it was like I was in a pool of golden light - each pulse was a ripple. I then heard my voice, but not me, speaking to me, telling me very positive things. I've since dubbed that "reasonable me." I can't bring it on at will, but it definitely started me on the right track to end the ADD-anxiety and see my condition and its manifestations for what they were.

That said, I haven't found a similar session on Procyon. I see all the converted Proteus-to-Procyon. That means I can run the proteus sessions on the procyon, right? (I haven't even begun to tinker with the software-side of the device)

I have used 5 and 6 on the Procyon, the results are moderate. What brainwave frequencies should I strive for? Beta?

What other sessions do you recommend?

Thanks for the feedback btw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz739 View Post
    Hi Marisa,

On the Proteus I did use "concentration" (#20) a lot. One time, it was after I was on the cusp of a panic attack (brought on by ADD-induced Automatic Negative Thoughts), I used session #20 and had almost a religious experience. The light pulses all merged and it was like I was in a pool of golden light - each pulse was a ripple. I then heard my voice, but not me, speaking to me, telling me very positive things. I've since dubbed that "reasonable me." I can't bring it on at will, but it definitely started me on the right track to end the ADD-anxiety and see my condition and its manifestations for what they were.
    Wow, that was quite the experience!

That said, I haven't found a similar session on Procyon. I see all the converted Proteus-to-Procyon. That means I can run the proteus sessions on the procyon, right? (I haven't even begun to tinker with the software-side of the device)
    Well, I think that experience you had was one of those things that is difficult to repeat because it had something to do with the state of mind you were in at the time and the combination of the AVS machine just hit it right. Having said that, anything is possible and you may be able to get there again one day.

I have used 5 and 6 on the Procyon, the results are moderate. What brainwave frequencies should I strive for? Beta?
    The book I have says Beta, 16 - 24 or 28 Hz. Program 7 targets 12 to 18 with a BB of 12. That may work.

Program 13 targets 16 Hz to 30 Hz. It's mostly 16 Hz. That may be what you need.

Beta can be a tricky thing, too much for too long can make a person a bit anxious however, people with ADD or ADHD are really low on Beta waves so a bit more in this case may actually be helpful.

Program 49 is designed for entertainment but it does go through the full spectrum from 6 hz to 75. If you are feeling brave, try it and see if it kicks out another one of those "near religious" experiences.

Also ... on the recommended programs, you may have to do them on a regular basis and see if there is improvement over a few days. Please do get back to me and let me know your results. I'm sure this will be helpful also to others who experience similar problems.

M.

4. Default Re: Procyon and ADHD

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    The book I have says Beta, 16 - 24 or 28 Hz. Program 7 targets 12 to 18 with a BB of 12. That may work.
    Which book are you referring to? I'd love to learn more about brain frequencies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-TRIX View Post
    Which book are you referring to? I'd love to learn more about brain frequencies
    I highly recommend reading the "AVS Articles" from here: https://mindplacesupport.com/articles/

Start with "AVS Technology".
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information