Thread: Procyon for sale

1. Default Procyon for sale

Hi. I have a perfect working order Procyon for sale if anyone is interested? I am looking to upgrade to one of the latest devices. I hope it is ok to post about this here?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon for sale

No problem. You should add which REV version it is?

When you first power on the Procyon, it will display the following on the display, in sequence:
    on
    oS
    { a 3-digit number which refers to the Firmware version }
    SES
    { a session number }

The important number is the 3-digit Firmware version.

If your Firmware version is 1.7.x (where x is some number) then you have a Rev 1 Procyon.
    If your Firmware version is 2.1.x AND the Ganzframe (Light Frame) plug is rectangular, you have a Rev 2 Procyon.
    If your Firmware version is 2.1.x AND the Ganzframe plug is round, you have a Rev 3 Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon for sale

Thanks. It does not show anything other than the program number last used. The connector is rectangular.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AVSteven View Post
    Thanks. It does not show anything other than the program number last used. The connector is rectangular.
    When you first power it on, it does NOT show "on" on the display, followed by the letters "oS"?

My guess then is that it's a Rev1 Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Procyon for sale

wow. So it is a more valuable vintage original version? It's in pristine condition as well.
    As an OSX user, I won't be attempting the firmware upgrade I read about.

I'm interested in the latest models so to interface with external lighting, if output conversion to a regular type connection is not difficult.

Blog Entries

https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...s-with-Procyon
    Make 2 if you're looking to use the Kasina or Limina.
    -Andy.

Well, I would like to think that there is some collector's market for "vintage" Procyons, and wish you luck with that... try ebay? Those rectangular plugs proved a bit delicate, especially when users tried jamming them in the wrong way (they were keyed), so we switched to the round 4 conductor TRRS plugs for the post 2007/2008 revisions. Also the early revs had one each red, green and blue LED per eye, while later ones adopted the "superbright" one red, two green and three blue LEDs per eye.

The Kasina is the culimination of our AVS design chain, and does pretty much all that we had wanted, except for biofeedback control. The Limina replaced the Procyon at the same price, and is a subset of the Kasina, and includes all the Procyon sessions, translated into the KBS format.

Thread Information