Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User Mode in Procyon

1. Default User Mode in Procyon

Why User Mode is not avaiable in Procyon?
    How can i make Procyon run in specific range of Hz?
    Sorry my english...

Thx,

Carlos

Blog Entries

Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Hi Carlos,

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Barreto View Post
    Why User Mode is not available in Procyon?
    How can i make Procyon run in specific range of Hz?
    Sorry my english...

Thx,
    Carlos
    Your English is fine.

The User Mode feature was not included with the Procyon. It may be something that we can add in a future OS update. If we did this, the lights would merely flash on and off - not great visuals possible.

The other problem with a User Mode is the increased chances of habitation. Habitation occurs when your brain gets use to something and the effects become diminished. That is why the programs do not stay on one frequency for too long.

If you have a User Mode, habitation may not be such an issue with the lower frequencies but it would with the higher ones.

M.

3. Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Carlos,

Your English is fine.

The User Mode feature was not included with the Procyon. It may be something that we can add in a future OS update. If we did this, the lights would merely flash on and off - not great visuals possible.
    I don't mind about visuals, i only want make the machine run in a fixed frequencie
    The other problem with a User Mode is the increased chances of habitation. Habitation occurs when your brain gets use to something and the effects become diminished. That is why the programs do not stay on one frequency for too long.
    I have one Proteus and one Sirius too And i don't have that problem, but in some situations the User Mode is very useful.
    If you have a User Mode, habitation may not be such an issue with the lower frequencies but it would with the higher ones.

M.
    I apreciate that the new OS come with a possibility of User Mode.
    Thx Marisa
    Carlos

Blog Entries

Hi Carlos,

Is there a particular goal in mind that you want to accomplish and feel that you need one particular frequency to do?

M.

5. Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Hi Marisa

If I may add my experience in relation to Carlos' question here I'm a big fan of 'user mode' and its never occured to me to leave my Proteis on any one frequency for too long. I really enjoy listening to ambient music just taking the frequencies where my moods take me ( or is it the other way round ) I don't think that all AVS time has to be spent with an entrainment goal, they are great IMHO for just letting visual chaos `blow out the cobwebs'.

A manual mode for Procyon would be really great , perhaps along with the ability to select 2 individual colours at a time ( like Audiostrobe ). I'm not a fan of 3 color AVS. It just doesn't really work well for me visually as two colours .

Mark

6. Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Hi Carlos,

Is there a particular goal in mind that you want to accomplish and feel that you need one particular frequency to do?

M.
    Hi Marisa,

I make mine the words of Mark: "If I may add my experience in relation to Carlos' question here I'm a big fan of 'user mode' and its never occured to me to leave my Proteis on any one frequency for too long. I really enjoy listening to ambient music just taking the frequencies where my moods take me ( or is it the other way round ) I don't think that all AVS time has to be spent with an entrainment goal, they are great IMHO for just letting visual chaos `blow out the cobwebs'."
    Sorry i don't now another way to make this.
    I believe that "Procyon potential" is increase because of that.

Thx,
    Carlos

Blog Entries

Hi Carlos,

I don't think that all AVS time has to be spent with an entrainment goal, they are great IMHO for just letting visual chaos `blow out the cobwebs'."
    Sorry i don't now another way to make this.
    I believe that "Procyon potential" is increase because of that.
    If you want to use the machine for entertainment, use it on programs 48 & 49. Those two programs were designed just for the purpose you speak of - blowing out the cobwebs.

Using the machine on a User mode would always have an entrainment feature because of the frequencies generated - so spending a long period of time on one frequency will have an effect on your brain and could cause habitation. It's the nature of the science.

The only purpose I can think of for using the "user" mode is for entrainment purposes because it's so specific in what it does.

Try 48 and 49 with your music, I think you'll really like it!

M.

8. Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Hi Carlos,

The only purpose I can think of for using the "user" mode is for entrainment purposes because it's so specific in what it does.

M.
    Hi Marisa,

Yes the purpose is for entrainment, but i don't use allways the same frequencie, then no problems with habituation.
    I want to make a few tests with frequencies and control the efect with a EEG, Biofeedback equipment, etc.

Thx,
    Carlos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Barreto View Post
    Hi Marisa,

Yes the purpose is for entrainment, but i don't use allways the same frequencie, then no problems with habituation.
    I want to make a few tests with frequencies and control the efect with a EEG, Biofeedback equipment, etc.

Thx,
    Carlos
    Hi Carlos,

Some experimentation is in the works eh. Please do keep us posted on your results.

M.

10. Default Re: User Mode in Procyon

Hi Carlos,

Some experimentation is in the works eh. Please do keep us posted on your results.

M.
    Hi Marisa,

Well, when i have results to share, of corse i do it.

Carlos

Thread Information