Thread: Combine my audio with Limina audio

Default Combine my audio with Limina audio

How can I combine my music (80% sound level) with the audio from a Limina track (20% sound level)? I used to do this with my old Photosonix.

I saw a response from @JoeV to another post about this. I believe there is a way to combine a limina audio file with my audio file, but not sure how to do this. I haven't done anything with the Limina other than listen to the pre-installed tracks.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Combine my audio with Limina audio

You can feed your music into the AUX connector or stream from your computer using the USB connection. The music will be mixed with the internal sounds. You can use the audio mixer in the Limina
    (Press the volume + and - buttons together, or go to Settings/Sound) to reduce the volume of the internal sounds.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I get sound from aux, but it is distorted. The output from my iphone is very faint and distorted. When using a headphone amp that adds gain (USB connected to my ipad prod), the sound is still quite distorted but the level is fine.

The distorted audio is using aux only. When I do KBS+AUX, I still get distorted sound, plus the session track.

I'm not sure what's supposed to happen with pc. I don't hear anything when on Aux. Is pc looking for a digital signal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psyno View Post
    I get sound from aux, but it is distorted. The output from my iphone is very faint and distorted. When using a headphone amp that adds gain (USB connected to my ipad prod), the sound is still quite distorted but the level is fine.
    Just so I understand better, are you connecting the headphone output of your iPhone into the AUX connection on the Limina using the included audio patch cable (3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS)? If not, that is the way you should be connecting the devices.
    When you have connected it this way, select AUX on the Limina, and while listening to your headphones or earbuds connected to the headphone output on the Limina, play some music on your iPhone. Adjust the volume level on your iPhone and on the Limina until you reach a comfortable volume.
    If you still are hearing distortion, try plugging your headphones directly into the iPhone to make sure the audio there is clean.

Let me know what you find.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Yes, I am connecting the output of my iPhone into the AUX connection on the Limina using the included audio patch cable (3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS).

I then select AUX on the Limina and the sound is distorted. The audio is clean when the Limina (or other) headphones are connected directly to the iphone. I have also connected the audio with the same cables to my old photosonix machine, and the audio is clean.

I am just playing music - no audiostrobe or other encoding embedded in the music.

Maybe my unit is defective?

Blog Entries

Strange. Please try factory resetting your Limina (press and hold both the volume (-) and brightness (-) buttons while powering on the Limina. You'll see a notification that the device has been reset.

After doing that, if you still hear distortion when listening to the Limina while connected to the AUX input, what happens if you reduce the volume on your iPhone? Does it clean up the sound?
    -Andy.

Thread Information