Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proteus Session Details

1. Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Hi TomC (and everybody else who might interested ),

according to Marisa, the Proteus random session P00 ranges from 0.65 Hz to 19.5 Hz.

Cheers,
    Thomas

2. Question Re: Proteus Session Details

Hello,

I'd like to know the waveforms used in the factory default sessions. According to Proteus Manual, there are 4 audio wavetables available. I believe the first one is sine wave.

Do all factory sessions use sine wave only ?

According to this document, waveforms other than sine wave have harmonics in higher frequencies, which might have some adverse effect.

Thanks.

Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Greetings--I had a look at the linked document, which was referring to visual waveforms. It's actually quite old, and is mainly an attack against other light and sound machines being made in the 90s, which used red LEDs. Back then, David offered only incandescent bulbs, which cannot provide sharp 'on/off' rates. Today, he offers LED glasses, including red color.

His concern was that pulsed visual waveforms can create harmonics, and indeed they can. It's not clear from published research that this is a negative aspect, though--rather, it represents David's opinion, based on minimal data. For example, he points out that the frequency range around 18 hz is more likely to trigger a seizure than other frequencies, which is indeed cited in the literature, however only a very small percentage of people are sensitive in this way, usually those with photosensitive epilepsy, and they shouldn't be using LS devices.

I haven't seen any literature suggesting that harmonics in the audio signal can cause any negative effects at all. We generally use sine waves primarily for binaural beat generation in the Proteus, while other waveforms provide more variety in the audio experience, and shifts in these waveforms during a session help keep you from falling asleep (not always desirable).

Hope this helps!

Robert

4. Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Hi Robert,
    Thanks for your answers.

Is it possible to have wavetable information for the factory default sessions? I believe it might be even better to have the session files (*.pr2) of default sessions.

BTW, how about the decoded hidden control signals from AudioStrobe CD? Are these decoded signal also have harmonics in the higher frequencies?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Quote Originally Posted by rick4sher View Post
    Is it possible to have wavetable information for the factory default sessions?
    I'm pretty sure all the factory sessions use the sinewave wavetable.
    I believe it might be even better to have the session files (*.pr2) of default sessions.
    The default sessions are available for download here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

BTW, how about the decoded hidden control signals from AudioStrobe CD?
    The decoded signals only control the lightframes, not the audio section. The audio from an AS disc comes from the disc itself.

-Andy.

6. Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello Ahmad and welcome!

Information regarding all the modes and operation of the Proteus is in the manual that came with your Proteus. If you have lost or misplaced it, it's available as a download here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

BTW, the U01-U14 set is programmed from the factory with Thoughtstream-Enabled Sessions.

If you cannot find the answers you need in the manual, please start a new thread and ask away! Someone will surely assist you.

-Andy.
    Thanks Andy, for reminding me about the u01-u14. Really appreciate it.

Thread Information