Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proteus Session Details

1. Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The Document you're referring to is here:
    http://www.audiostrobe.com/Biofeedba...S_Programs.pdf
    (albiet a bit out-of-date...)

-Andy.
    Thanks Andy. Now my next question is about GSR, when it reads "GSR sensitivity to 247% " in U04 (Positive Loop Sessions), does it mean that the session will boost up your sensitivity response up to 247% or the opposite? Can you give me an example for Possitive and Negative Loop Sessions please.

Please excuse my ignorance as this is something new to me. Thanks.

Regards,
    Ahmad

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Hi Ahmad;

I don't really know the answer to that question but I'll try and find out.

I posted the TS-controlled sessions document on the Proteus support site. Thanks, Tom, for letting me know about it!

-Andy.

Hi, Ahmad--

According to the (all too brief) session description, this session has a default setting of 247% full-scale. That is, that's the default setting, rather than referring to a change from some other sensitivity setting.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,

Robert

I've downloaded all the documents mentioned above and they're very helpful, thank you. Now I'd like to find out whether my Proteus already has the 'complex sessions' downloaded or not. Do these documents refer to the 'complex' or 'simple' sessions? Once I know this, maybe I can see/hear for myself which ones I'm currently using.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, there no way to "read" what's actually inside the Proteus. It's just one-way communication from the PC to the console.

To be sure you have the Thoughtstream-controlled sessions, download them from the Proteus support page and install them into the Utilites area.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

They are called "Thoughtstream-controlled sessions". The Complex and Simple sessions are not Thoughtstream enabled.

-Andy.

Thanks Andy. My question was not about TS-controlled sessions, I know I have those. Guess the best thing would be to connect to the pc, update the OS (I'm still on 2.3 but didn't want to meddle as it was working fine) and upload the complex sessions. See if there's any change. I'll get back to you if I get in trouble!

Blog Entries

You might be able to upload the TS sessions without updating the OS. You could try it at least.

-Andy.

8. Default Proteus Random Session P00: Hz range?

@ Marisa:

Am I right in assuming that the frequencies used in the Proteus Random Session P00 are always within the range of 2 to 16 Hz? Unfortunately, there is no information concerning this issue in the pdf files you posted.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Default Re: Proteus Random Session P00: Hz range?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    @ Marisa:

Am I right in assuming that the frequencies used in the Proteus Random Session P00 are always within the range of 2 to 16 Hz? Unfortunately, there is no information concerning this issue in the pdf files you posted.

Thanks,
    Thomas
    Thomas,

Session 00 is just random (different every time). Could be any freq's the Proteus can do. If you want to see what it's doing just press the bottom button and the display will show you the freq. and whether it's in normal or expand mode.

I don't find any use for this session except maybe for a little entertainment (like the last 2 proteus sessions; 48,49).

Cheers,
    TomC

10. Default Re: Proteus Session Details

Hi TomC,

thanks for your post. Still, I think although the Proteus can do any frequency between 0.5 and 50 Hz, I have never seen 30s or 40s in random mode and I would assume that they range from 2 to about 16 Hz instead. Marisa is trying to clarify this issue right now. Will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Thread Information