Thread: Self Hypnosis

Default Re: Proteus Sessions

Hello Marisa

I have had a look at your "Trance.PR2" file and would like to ask you one or two questions:

1. I am unfamiliar with the segment numbers 1, 8, and 19. These appear to be supplemental segments. Could you please advise me where in the tutorials I could read up on them, failing which how can one enter a supplemental segment and what do they do?

2. Channel #1 has a whole range of frequencies from 4Hz through to 14Hz. Channel #2 is virtually all 4Hz. I realise that 4Hz is in the theta range which causes maximum relaxation which is what you need for hypnosis introduction, but I would have thought that Habituation would be a problem here. Could you put right on this?

3. I would like to learn self hypnosis; do you have some audio tape that I could use and some idea of how to go about it? Or maybe you could suggest what wording I should use to record a tape myself. I am interested in twilight learning and allied subjects.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards Allan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus Sessions

Hi Allen,

1. I am unfamiliar with the segment numbers 1, 8, and 19. These appear to be supplemental segments. Could you please advise me where in the tutorials I could read up on them, failing which how can one enter a supplemental segment and what do they do?
    I would ignore this part. Originally I put them in there experimentally to work with the ThoughtStream but never ended up using it. I didn't delete it because it didn't interfere with the program.

2. Channel #1 has a whole range of frequencies from 4Hz through to 14Hz. Channel #2 is virtually all 4Hz. I realize that 4Hz is in the theta range which causes maximum relaxation which is what you need for hypnosis introduction, but I would have thought that Habituation would be a problem here. Could you put right on this?
    A very good question. I chose 4 Hz because it corresponded to the frequency of shamanic drumming which has a trance inducing effect of it's own.

Regarding habitation:

My answer is yes, it could create habitation however, in the lower frequencies it may be more beneficial (to increase trance) than detrimental. My reasoning is this: Habitation is a reduction of response (or reduced sensitivity) to continuous stimulus ... which is something that you want in a trance. So in this case, it's actually a good thing.

Habitation presents more of a problem in the higher frequencies. It stands to reason that if it reduces sensitivity or arousal, then it would take more to stimulate the brain which is a problem if you are looking to stimulate the brain.

Having said this, I am researching this question further - so in a scientific way of thinking ... I'm prepared to change my answer (and admit I was wrong) if evidence warrants it.

3. I would like to learn self hypnosis; do you have some audio tape that I could use and some idea of how to go about it? Or maybe you could suggest what wording I should use to record a tape myself. I am interested in twilight learning and allied subjects.
    Self hypnosis is very easy to learn and do. There are a few rules in self hypnosis and they are:

1. Use positive language in your wording. State what you want and avoid using negative language because the unconscious does not process negative language. (avoid words such as: not, don't, can't, won't etc.).

2. You are most suggestible just before your go to sleep and just before you are fully awake, which gives you a fantastic opportunity for programming your brain. Develop a statement, keep it simple and repeat it to yourself just as you are falling asleep and just as you are waking up.

Example: "I have a photographic memory. I easily learn anything I choose to study. "

Or

"Each and everyday, I find learning easier in every way. " (The s/c likes rhymes).

3. Repetition and belief. Believe that you will have success. Keep in mind that the mind always goes towards whatever you are thinking.

There is a good book out there (and it's cheap also) on self-hypnosis. It has some religious/God stuff - however - the information the author gives is really good. The book is called: The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy. ISBN: 0-553-58318-2

Re: Twilight learning/sleep learning. It doesn't work.

The reason you can not learn while you sleep is that once you hit the "delta" stage of your sleep, your s/c is not storing or processing the information that you hear.

You can however learn more quickly in a trance, so designing a tape with the information you want to learn and then playing it while you use your Proteus (or Procyon) will make learning easier.

When you make your tape. Incorporate the memory tools that you probably have come across such as: Use short sentences, use mnemonics, use positive language, link what you want to remember to a picture, sound, feeling etc.

You know, I think I'll write a bit of tutorial on making your own self-hypnosis tape.

In the mean time, if you have any more questions or comments ... please, post them. This is great stuff!

Well, I'm off to do some further research and then write a tutorial on Making Self-Hypnosis Tapes. I'll let you know if I come up with anything more.

M.

Thread Information