Thread: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a session.

1. Default in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a session.

I'm confused about the audio in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a session. Does it default to one or the other? Also, if I use pink noise, is that just steady sound instead of a beat?

Unless I missed it, seems like the kind of thing that would be handy to have in the instructions.
    Last edited by Electroblep; 02-16-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

Binaural would require a different frequency in the left and right ears, wouldn't work with Pink Noise.
    Set Left pitch to 100hz, Right pitch to 110hz and you have a 10hz Binaural beat.

Isochronic beats are made by modulating the audio with a Beat frequency. If the modulation waveform is a square wave, then you'll hear the audio turn on and off at the beat frequency. Here the sound waveform can be anything, including Pink noise.

Hope that helps!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Binaural would require a different frequency in the left and right ears, wouldn't work with Pink Noise.
    Set Left pitch to 100hz, Right pitch to 110hz and you have a 10hz Binaural beat.

Isochronic beats are made by modulating the audio with a Beat frequency. If the modulation waveform is a square wave, then you'll hear the audio turn on and off at the beat frequency. Here the sound waveform can be anything, including Pink noise.

Hope that helps!
    So if I have the frequency be the same in both ears, the default for KBS is to turn it into an isochornic beat? Would that mean that the frequency becomes more of something that is for comfort or entertainment purposes and doesn't effect entrainment of the brain waves no matter what is set to?

Blog Entries

Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

I think it would help those following along to understand Isochronic tones and how they are different than Binaural.

This may help:
    https://pediaa.com/what-is-the-diffe...chronic-tones/
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

I understand the difference. But I am asking about how kbs works. Could you please answer my actual question?
    By the way, I get emails telling me when someone responds to my posts here, but the forum itself only notifies me when I have a PM. Very weird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electroblep View Post
    I understand the difference. But I am asking about how kbs works. Could you please answer my actual question?
    My apologies, I thought that I did. Maybe I misunderstood the question(s). Please ask again in more detail (be very specific please) so I can get you the answer you need.

By the way, I get emails telling me when someone responds to my posts here, but the forum itself only notifies me when I have a PM. Very weird.
    The PM popup is a setting in your account. For reasons unknown to me, the forum doesn't do a popup for other notifications.
    Check your settings here.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

Actually I also wondered that my self.

Andy I think the OP meant, if the L ptch and the R ptch are set on the same frequency lets say 100
    Would the KBS editor automatically produce a Isochronic tone by default?

And what if I do not want to create a session that has a Isochronic tone, could I place the L ptch (100) and R ptch (105) to produce a frequency of 5Hz would that create a binaural beat of 5Hz or just a Isochronic tone of 5Hz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jos Bos View Post
    Actually I also wondered that my self.

Andy I think the OP meant, if the L ptch and the R ptch are set on the same frequency lets say 100
    Would the KBS editor automatically produce a Isochronic tone by default?
    Only if you have sound modulation. (S AMDpth set above 0%)

And what if I do not want to create a session that has a Isochronic tone, could I place the L ptch (100) and R ptch (105) to produce a frequency of 5Hz would that create a binaural beat of 5Hz or just a Isochronic tone of 5Hz
    That would create a binaural beat.
    Isochronic beat of 5 hz would mean setting L Ptch and R Ptch the same, and setting Beat to 5.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: in KBS. How do I choose between binaural and isochronic beats when making a sessi

Ok, L ptch (100) and R ptch (105) for a BB of 5Hz, What frequency should I place the Beat at?
    Especially with ramping down?

When I have Track #1 Time on 0:00 Beat on 10Hz
    At track #2 I pace the L ptch (100) and R ptch (105) Time on 10 minutes
    Beat I guess on 10Hz or 5Hz?, would the session slowly dropped to 5Hz for the time span of 10 minutes?

Blog Entries

Try it and listen/observe is the best way to figure out a KBS session.

Sounds like you'd end up with a BB of 5hz, and then another isochronic beat at 10hz. Each segment time is the length of time it takes to get from the previous segment setting to the current segment's settings.
    e.g. if Segment 1 has a time of 10sec and a Beat of 5hz, and Segment 2 has a beat of 10hz, it will take 10sec for the beat to change from 5 to 10hz. Look at the graph tabs to see this in action.
    -Andy.

Thread Information