Thread: If I get a Kasina, how long should I expect the battery to last? Has yours died yet?

1. Default If I get a Kasina, how long should I expect the battery to last? Has yours died yet?

I did a lot of digging and saw someone (I think Andrew?) say that one full charge should last about 8 hours of use.
    But does anyone know how long the entire life of the battery should be?

Generally I prefer to get the Limina and use my own rechargable AA batteries because if they ever die, I can just buy new batteries. But, the ability to play SS sessions (including the ones I plan to make myself) from the device's memory card makes me want to get the Kasina. I just hate the idea that at some point if I use it as much as I did the Proteus the battery will eventually hold less and less of a charge.

Does anyone know the mAh of the batty included in the Kasina?

A Lamina with a memory card or the ability to download SS sessions to it would have been the right match for me, but obviously that doesn't exist.

To anyone with the Limina, do you usually just run the aux cable from your phone's earphone jack to run the the SS sessions?

Whichever unit I get, will it have the latest firmware, or should I upload new firmware when I get it. I think I saw somewhere on the forum that a firmware update gave better battery life.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Blog Entries

Default Re: If I get a Kasina, how long should I expect the battery to last? Has yours died y

I've tested the Kasina and gotten over 10 hours use on a single charge. Overall battery life will be determined by your battery hygiene procedure. Basically, keep it charged at all times for the maximum battery life. It's a fallacy that modern (Li-Ion/Poly) batteries need to be fully discharged before charging. Keep them charged always. The only exception would be if you are storing them for years, then it's best to store them at about 80% charge. If you follow these rules, the battery will give you many years of life.
    If, after many many years, you are not getting the run time you like, we can replace the battery for you.
    The Kasina's advantages well outweigh the price differential between the Limina and Kasina.
    https://mindplace.com/pages/product
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: If I get a Kasina, how long should I expect the battery to last? Has yours died y

Thanks Andy. I didn't know that it's good to keep it topped up.

Thread Information