Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subliminal frequency is strong!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Subliminal frequency is strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Dead View Post
    I think they send isochronic pulses at different rates to each hemisphere. With isochronics & monaurals you don't need stereo to achieve FFR. Binaurals are less effective for FFR than the 2 before mentioned, but they have the advantage of syncronising the 2 hemispheres.
    Isochronic beats are monaural beats. I disagree with you that Binaural beats are less effective than monaural beats for FFR. I'll see if I can find something to back my claim. In the mean time here's some info for you:

Here is some information regarding hemifield stimulation. The information initially came from Thomas Budzynski (one of the leading experts in L&S). It's an exerpt from an email conversation between myself and Robert:

"The only way to stimulate one hemisphere selectively is to place lights on the far side of the opposite visual field (hemifield). I'm not aware of any glasses on the market capable of doing this, though some claim to.

Tom B showed that hemifield stimulation is intermittent and can not last long -- you cannot really drive the two hemispheres at different frequencies for very long before they snap back together, despite any marketing hype."

M.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to hearing more

as for the iso/monaurals, heres a little thing i picked up in another forum that i find explains pretty well the differences between the two:

Monaural beats play both tones in each channel, so the interference pattern that produces the beat is present outside your head and does not need headphones to be heard. So they have both sides of a binaural beat in each channel. Isochronics involve a single tone that is cycled on and off to produce the beat.

-
    Robert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Dead View Post
    Thanks for the info and looking forward to hearing more

as for the iso/monaurals, heres a little thing i picked up in another forum that i find explains pretty well the differences between the two:

Monaural beats play both tones in each channel, so the interference pattern that produces the beat is present outside your head and does not need headphones to be heard. So they have both sides of a binaural beat in each channel. Isochronics involve a single tone that is cycled on and off to produce the beat.

Robert
    What do you mean by "both sides of a binaural beat"?

An "isochronic" beat, is a term that David Seiver invented to describe an even spaced tone, which is also something that we use in our machines, only we don't call it "isochronic". I'm telling ya, a monaural beat is the same thing as an isochronic beat. If you do a search on the internet, you will find nothing on "isochronic beats" outside of anyone who is selling David's products. The term doesn't really exist. It's like make up companies that invent names for their ingredients like "thermal complex drops" - it means nothing except what the make up company defines it as.

Do a search on the forum for the other discussions we have had on Isochronic beats if you are interested.

M.

Robert is correct about isochronic/monaural/binaural. Neuroprogrammer, for example, offers all three options.

Isochronic is more correctly a modulated or pulsed tone rather than specifically an evenly spaced tone.

Monaural is a simple beat between two frequencies requiring only a single channel, allowing a beat type tone to be created without the need for stereo separation (headphone-free). Monaurals do not rely on any trickery within the skull of the listener.

I think everyone pretty much gets Binaural now.

Some very interesting effects can be achieved using a different monaural beat on each stereo channel. This is the basis of the Harmonic Box X beat where the target frequency is emphasised by inclusion of its harmonics.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Robert is correct about isochronic/monaural/binaural. Neuroprogrammer, for example, offers all three options.

Isochronic is more correctly a modulated or pulsed tone rather than specifically an evenly spaced tone.

Monaural is a simple beat between two frequencies requiring only a single channel, allowing a beat type tone to be created without the need for stereo separation (headphone-free). Monaurals do not rely on any trickery within the skull of the listener.

I think everyone pretty much gets Binaural now.

Some very interesting effects can be achieved using a different monaural beat on each stereo channel. This is the basis of the Harmonic Box X beat where the target frequency is emphasised by inclusion of its harmonics.

Cheers,
    Craig
    I stand corrected in that the word "isochronic" does exist. This is the definition I found in a medical dictionary:

isochronic, isochronous
    performed in equal times; said of motions and vibrations occurring at the same time and being equal in duration.
    vet()Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, 3 ed. ? 2007 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved

isochronal

4 dictionary results for: Isochronal
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -i?soch?ro?nal 1.equal or uniform in time. 2.performed in equal intervals of time. 3.characterized by motions or vibrations of equal duration.

Monaural - actually means "one ear" so a monaural beat is simply a single beat.

A monaural beat can be an isochronic beat.

Back to you.

Yes, it could be argued that the usage of the term "Isochronic" with respect to BWE may be ambiguous in respect of the actual root meaning of the word.

"Equally spaced" may be taken to mean 50% duty cycle, or it may mean that the pulses occur at a fixed frequency.

I take it to mean the latter, as many BWE systems, including the Procyon and Transparent's products allow the duty cycle and/or modulation depth to be varied.

I would further add that in my limited experience it makes stunningly little difference - I have had good results from sessions using any method. My view is that if you are susceptible to entrainment (as I am), it will be achieved with any repetitive stimulus and the choice of entrainment technique largely comes down to aesthetics. A 100% modulated 50% duty cycle isochronic will work superbly, but it will be boring and quite unpleasant. The various beat styles, and mixing of techniques, make more for sessions that one will enjoy using than for ones that will be more directly effective. This, of course, leads to more frequent use and that does increase effectiveness.

I guess the key point is that monaural, binaural and harmonic box X are all beats created by mixing two (or more) tone sources, whilst isochronic creates the repetitive stimulus by modulating one tone source with another.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by CraigT; 09-18-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Edited out irrelevant "thought"

I did a little digging to try to get a better explanation of the 3 (harmonic box x, i haven't heard of yet):

Binaural (headphones):
    2 different frequencies are injected into each ear, and by working together the brain generates a 3rd entrainment frequency.

Isochronic (speakers or headphones):
    A pulse, that is turned on/off at the interval of the desired entrainment frequency.

Monaural (speakers or headphones):
    Similar to binaural, but instead, the 2 frequencies are played over the same channel.

Personally i have a preference for binaural or monaural, but it's a personal preference. Whichever i like the most also seems to depend alot on the pitch of carrier frequency. And panning seems to have a nice effect on me too.

-
    Robert

---
    After a quick search i found this explanation on creating the harmonic box x effect using binaurals & monaurals (which are actually binaurals ..so to speak of):
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bwgen/message/7673

Now i understand a bit more what certain authors of sbagen presets meant when they said they "boxed" a frequency.
    Last edited by Half-Dead; 09-18-2008 at 12:44 AM.

8. Default No headphones needed

This can happen: You come into a room which is lit by strong diodes twinkling @50Hz. Consciously you don't recognize so fast twinkling. You also hear a tone of 54Hz from loudspeakers in that room. You are gettig asleep and you don't know why. There is just one tone! You keep hearing the one tone and your feelings are changing as the subliminal frequency of diodes is being changed by somebody.

Thread Information