Thread: JoeV, Andy...

Default JoeV, Andy...

...or anybody with knowledge.

Are there any studies showing new neural growth being produced from BWE? If so, what are the protocols to achieve this? I have been using a Theta with Gamma spiking session to hopefully produce neuroplasticity. Is this a good mix?
    "Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    So I May Enter Hall Up High,
    The Sky Belongs To Asagods,
    As Long As The Raven Flies!"
    Amon Amarth

Default Re: JoeV, Andy...

Some neural growth happens when doing any BWE protocol. David Seiver and Dr Len Oachs have researched this. You can find videos for each on YouTube. Alternating up and down frequencies seems to facilitate neuronal growth. As in increase brainwave frequencies for a time, then decrease frequency (Dr Oachs did 2 min up, 2min down). Dr Ruth Olmstead used a 2 part protocol for ADHD, increasing brainwaves in one session, then on another day, decreasing brainwaves. The theory is that it pushes and pulls at brainwave patterns breaking stuck patterns and encouraging new growth.

Interesting. I seem to have stumbled onto the up/down thing on my own. It just felt right. Good to have it confirmed. I wonder if a large delta, say between 7hz and 40hz, would have a stronger effect.

Thanks, Joe!
    "Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    Amon Amarth

Quote Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
    Interesting. I seem to have stumbled onto the up/down thing on my own. It just felt right. Good to have it confirmed. I wonder if a large delta, say between 7hz and 40hz, would have a stronger effect.

Thanks, Joe!
    The Oachs protocol used an EEG to determine what your dominant frequency is at the moment, then entrained with light and sound .5 Hz above that frequency for 2 min, then .5 Hz below for 2 min. I duplicated the process using MWS and Emotiv Epoc. Dominant frequency changes wildly from moment to moment, so swings even larger than that would happen. I found that this EEG driving technique to be the most efficient and effective form of BWE. I'm hoping Michael and Josiah can bring this function back with their plugin.

"Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    Amon Amarth

Thread Information