Thread: Help for lack of sleep

Default Help for lack of sleep

Just a very general question, why is it better to run an Energy session to help out when lacking sleep (e.g. session 31 on the Procyon), rather than a Night Voyage one, which presumably more closely mimics actual sleep?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help for lack of sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Just a very general question, why is it better to run an Energy session to help out when lacking sleep (e.g. session 31 on the Procyon), rather than a Night Voyage one, which presumably more closely mimics actual sleep?

I would choose something like P16 or 17 for "sleep replacement" than an Energy session. The regeneration program will take you into that sleep range and then bring you out. The Night Voyage program will not "wake" you up at the end of the session so you would continue to feel groggy where as the regeneration program will bring you back up to a waking state.

M.

Thumbs up Re: Help for lack of sleep

Many thanks for the tip, Marisa, very useful. Very interesting, as those Tranquility sessions are the ones that I like best, as were the equivalents on my old Mindlab. I often use these lying down, sometimes with music. I don't fall asleep easily usually, but am a deep sleeper once I am asleep. What fascinates me about these sessions, is time and again I fall into some kind of sleep during the session, but then wake up as it ramps back up at the end. I'm fascinated by the idea of the machine really controlling my brain, and I'm sure it does me good because I'm totally relaxed physically at the end. I did session 17 today, and I think that's the deepest effect I've yet had from a mind machine. I recall a few quick dream flashes, but then as described above, I was simply 'out' for a while! Strange thing is, whilst these frequencies suit me, the very low ones (i.e. Night Voyage sessions) don't seem to affect me and didn't in the past either. I actually find my mind getting quite agitated. Perhaps, as my mind is so completely hyper (a reason I find meditation almost impossible), it's just a bridge too far for my poor stressed mind! Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help for lack of sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Strange thing is, whilst these frequencies suit me, the very low ones (i.e. Night Voyage sessions) don't seem to affect me and didn't in the past either. I actually find my mind getting quite agitated. Perhaps, as my mind is so completely hyper (a reason I find meditation almost impossible), it's just a bridge too far for my poor stressed mind! Any thoughts?

Hi HG,

I'm happy to hear that you had good success with session 17.

The Night Voyage sessions are High Delta and Low Theta based - both which are not "normal" frequencies during the day time. It would be interesting for you to see if this happens when you try the program in the evening, when the brain is naturally winding down anyway. The Tranquility sessions do go into Theta/Delta but there may be more variety (segments) which appeals more to you.

Do you sleep okay or do you find it difficult to quiet your brain down enough to fall asleep? If you have no problem going to sleep, then it's not important that you be able to handle a Night Voyage type program. If you tend to have problems sleeping then it may do you well to gradually work your brain into a theta state. More of this later if needed.

M.

Thread Information