Thread: Got my device but not sure where to start or what to expect....so many questions

1. Default Got my device but not sure where to start or what to expect....so many questions

Looking at these forums, it's a bit intimidating. It's people talking about experimenting with all kind of different programs(that I am guessing) they are downloading and trying on.

I am over here reading the little brochure that came with my Kasina device about what the pre loaded programs do. Some of them I don't understand like the mind art ones. Like are they for going into higher states of consciousness? Accelerated learning? Or just entertainment?
    I am interested in the two categories I mentioned: spiritual developement/accelerated learning/speeding up the mind(in the problem solving way, not the drunk monkey mind way).

From the 45 min or so I been on these forums, it seems like people are doing a lot of trial and error to dial in their unique program for their goals. How are you supposed to know if the program you're using is working? How often should you be doing it and how long do you give it before determining that this program is for you or to try something else?

Is there a "beginners try these programs and here is what they do" kind of guide? The little brochure I have on each program only gives a brief description, and some of them I don't even understand such as the mind art ones.

Also where are you supposed to download new programs to do these trials and errors?

Sorry for the all the noob questions, would appreciate the help thank you.

Default Re: Got my device but not sure where to start or what to expect....so many questions

I am over here reading the little brochure that came with my Kasina device about what the pre loaded programs do. Some of them I don't understand like the mind art ones. Like are they for going into higher states of consciousness? Accelerated learning? Or just entertainment?
    Mind Art can lead to altered stats of consciousnesses, but do not follow any kind of protocol. They are pretty much there for entertainment and exploration.

I am interested in the two categories I mentioned: spiritual developement/accelerated learning/speeding up the mind(in the problem solving way, not the drunk monkey mind way).
    Spiritual development is usually explored with theta (deep meditation) sessions. Theta is bridge to the subconscious mind. Accelerated learning and speeding up the mind is achieved with beta and gamma frequencies. The two protocols are contradictory. Space beta and theta sessions out, like beta sessions in the morning, and theta at night, or on alternate days. If you're really serious, concentrate on one protocol until progress is made before slowly working in the other.

From the 45 min or so I been on these forums, it seems like people are doing a lot of trial and error to dial in their unique program for their goals. How are you supposed to know if the program you're using is working? How often should you be doing it and how long do you give it before determining that this program is for you or to try something else?
    Depends on what you're trying to do. Things like relaxation or focus should be apparent relatively fast. Sometimes it takes a few times for the brain to adapt to BWE, so try a session at least 3 times in a row before making any judgements. Other things like creating better sleep cycles or building a resistance to stress takes much longer to develop. General rule of thumb is at least 3-4 weeks. Biometric devices like GSR, EEG, and HRV are available to help you see what the effect BWE has on your physiology. Even a smartwatch can be used. Take a measurment before and after a session, and keep a journal to track the outcomes. You may find this helpful http://www.triroc.com/sunnen/topics/hypnosis-scale.htm

Is there a "beginners try these programs and here is what they do" kind of guide? The little brochure I have on each program only gives a brief description, and some of them I don't even understand such as the mind art ones.
    It is really subjective to the "beginner" and what they are using the device for. Best is to search the forum, and ask questions here and/or on the Facebook Group page. No doubt there is someone else that is trying to do the same thing. My advise to beginners is to take it slowly. If trying to do deep sessions, start with alpha first, and master that before progressing to theta. Vice- versa if you are speeding up the brain.

Also where are you supposed to download new programs to do these trials and errors?
    You can download additional content from the support site http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#manuals, tons of quality sessions are posted on this forum, and even more can be found on the Facebook page, all for free! https://www.facebook.com/groups/mindplace

Default Re: Got my device but not sure where to start or what to expect....so many questions

@JoeV

I appreciate the information you shared. I, too, am new.

Which of the sessions do you suggest for deep meditation (theta)?

~C

For beginners, I recommend mastering alpha before attempting theta. how long that would take depends on how experienced you are at meditation and how well your brain adapts to the stimulation. usually around a month.

Thanks, Joe.

Unfortunately, I do not know what to do with this suggestion: "I recommend mastering alpha before attempting theta"

I am finding the initial learning curve with the Kasina to be rather steep.

~C

You must first be in an alpha (light meditation) state before you can cross into theta (deep meditation). It is much easier to get into alpha, just closing your eyes increases alpha brainwaves, as does looking up. get used to easily getting into alpha before attempting theta; walk before you run. Not that it you can't go theta right off the bat. It is helpful to know what it is like to be in alpha, and that will facilitate going into theta. Alpha= 8-12 Hz. look for terms like "light meditation or relaxation". You will find a bunch here http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...ownloads/page2

7. Default Re: Got my device but not sure where to start or what to expect....so many questions

nao sei baixar as musicas que sao postadas aqui no forum

Download the file. You can then play it through the AUX cord, or USB connection, or if you have a Kasina, you can drag the file into it.

Thread Information