Thread: How to visualize frequencies of the Kasina sessions?

Default How to visualize frequencies of the Kasina sessions?

Question of new Kasina user. Is there a tool (like the KBSeditor for KBS files) that makes visable session charts for all other Kasina sessions on the SD memorycard and those that can be downloaded? I like to know the frequencies and the time for each frequency of those sessions. I did not find a tool for this on this forum or on the SDcard. Also there is no document or webpage that presents this information so that users do not have to analyse the sessionfiles themselfes. Thanks for your answers and suggestions! Regards, Danny

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to visualize frequencies of the Kasina sessions?

Hi Danny;

If you're speaking of the NON-KBS files, like the SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe files, then there is no software I know of that can extract that information as it's part of the audio signal. I suppose if someone were tricky, using a FFT analysis program there might be some way, but I've not heard of anything.

The information on the support site is all we have for those files, basically whatever the author has decided to document. Note that in the case of the factory included sessions, at least 2 of the authors are no longer with us, so unfortunately we can't even ask them details on their sessions!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Andy, thank you for your fast answer! The answer is somewhat regrettable, as I like to know in advance (as most new users) what frequencies are in a session, so I can make an informed decision on what sessions to start with, in stead of guessing. I am happy that a few sessions have at lease some clue in their description......

The User Guide will tell you what frequencies are used for the sessions. http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#manuals Usually the author of the session will include a description detailing the frequencies used. If you have no description, the general guide is that accelerate, excite, depression and focus sessions are beta/ gamma frequencies, light meditation or relaxation is alpha, deep meditation/ relaxation low alpha to high theta, sleep, pain relief and some esoteric sessions are low theta and delta.

Thread Information