Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New...programs and all

Blog Entries

Default Re: New...programs and all

Instead of frustrating yourself, why not just listen to the included tracks, or enjoy some the 100's of other free tracks available here?
    No frustration, no programming, just beautiful tracks that others have spent hours creating for your benefit!

To answer some of your questions:
    Well the ambiance (as you call it) option on the old models were actual buttons on the console that you can add to any session, including custom made sessions. One touch button. So simple. And the sounds were consistent. Crickets....thunderstorm...babbling brook...etc. And that was in ADDITION to any Auxilary music you played.
    There's probably dozens of pre-made tracks that have those sounds already along with a great light program. However, if you wish to use your own sound, just plug in your own ambient track to the AUX input on the Kasina, and voila! I think you may be making it out to be harder than it is!

And now I can't do it without reprogramming an entire session on some software called Reaper. So frigging complicated!
    Then programming your own sessions is maybe not the route you should take. Try the built-in sessions, there's bound to be several that you like. If not, there's tons of free sessions here, generously donated for free by expert creators.

-Also, the instruction manual isn't clear enough. What are all the LED settings all about? (other than brightness)
    What's up with all this "L/R" RBG stuff? So complicated!!
    LED settings? You mean the color balance? That allows you to adjust the brightness of each individual color to taste. No need to touch it as you are just starting out.
    The L/R RBG settings you're referring to are probably colorsets. They are detailed at the end of the manual. Again, no need to mess with any of those when starting out.

And what about this "modulation" thingy with the KBS sessions?
    Another setting you don't need to worry about. The Kasina has MANY advanced features that are for deep-diving enthusiasts. Get comfortable with the standard operation before delving into that stuff. Walk before you run!
    Just pick some sessions from the SpectraStrobe folder, listen to each and make a note of the ones you like. It's as simple as that!

In the old models, all you had to do with plug in the AUXilary cord and play whatever was on your walkman. No further fuss about "modulation".
    Even easier on the Kasina. Pick your session, press play. Done!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

"Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    So I May Enter Hall Up High,
    The Sky Belongs To Asagods,
    As Long As The Raven Flies!"
    Amon Amarth

3. Default Re: New...programs and all

I use this site for amazing sounds to play behind The Kasina sessions, infinitely better than the sfx in MWS.

https://mynoise.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
    I really think you'd be a lot happier putting in a few hours to learn Reaper and doing your own meditation tracks. There's a lot of people on this forum that can help and share templates.
    Aside from learning Reaper, I got a question that the manual doesn't explain. It just puts the info there without any understanding of it.

For instance, the LED adjustments...In Color Organ, what difference does it make when choosing slow or fast, and 50% or 100%. What does all that mean?

And what about the Spectrascope settings, where you choose the color LED and the acronyms of MJ or RJ...what does THAT all mean?

By popular demand there is also a ColorOrgan
    (CO) option which works with any audio. It maps
    low frequencies in the audio source onto blue, mid
    frequencies onto green, and higher frequencies onto
    red. There are three intensity levels (50%, 100%,
    200%) and response rates (fast and slow). The
    ColorOrgan works best with music that has a beat,
    but can be quite interesting with other genres please
    experiment! The CO works on both internal and external
    sound sources. To use it, simply select and start the
    music you want to play, then press the Up button.
    You should see Mode ColorOrgan on the LCD. Use
    the Down button to cycle through the CO options
    Slow or fast refers to how quickly the lights respond to the music. Do you want the light change to happen rapidly with the music, or a more gradual change. Percentage is the wave depth, higher percentage will turn a color completely off and on. Lower percentage will keep a percentage of the light on, allowing more of a mix of light. It is just there for fun and creativity. Have fun with it!

And what about the Spectrascope settings, where you choose the color LED and the acronyms of MJ or RJ...what does THAT all mean?
    I'm not sure where you're seeing this

Thread Information