Thread: Very cool indeed!

1. Default Very cool indeed!

Hey everyone... Just got my procyon from Mind Modulations... They even included a snazzy CD =)

This thing is wild, I haven't had a whole lot of experience with it yet but the sessions I have tried are very cool...

Wish it had software for the MAC though =( I could dual boot my mac with windows too but thats a lot for just the procyon, but who knows it could be cool...

great gadget!!

Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: Programming for the Mac

Now ... there's a shareware project for someone to take on ....

M.

Default Re: Very cool indeed!

You might have some luck with wine on OS X.

It'll probably be some driver issues though. But I think you might be able to stumble upon some TI 3410 drivers on the net.

Although if you not the type of person who can do a bit of driver hacking/reverse engineering, Virtual PC or VMware would probably give you better results.

4. Default Re: Very cool indeed!

I'm limited to audio and video engineering, and webdesign... Reverse engineering? nah =)

I downloaded it, it only works on Power PC chipsets, my machine runs quad intel processors (2x dual core)... so it didnt work =(

I did the bootcamp thing though... Windows runs FAST on this mac! Now as soon as the 2.10 software comes out I can use it... =)

The Procyon editor/ TI USB driver works on my dual-boot Mac Pro, under Vista (!). It also works with Virtual PC on the Power PC and Intel models we tested it on. It may not work under VMware; one customer tried to run it under Parallels Desktop, and it crashed--evidently all drivers are installed on the Mac side with this software.

TI had indicated that they were in beta stage with Mac drivers when we designed that chip into the Procyon, but still have not released those drivers (even to us). We're shifting to a Silicon Labs USB chip, which does have Mac drivers... but someone would still need to write an editor for the Mac to gain advantage of this chip.

Of course we'd be delighted if anyone wants to write new software for the Procyon (or other products)!

-Robert Austin

6. Default Re: Very cool indeed!

Very weird, the TI drivers did not work at all on my dual booted XP copy... I was going to buy vista buuut, I hate vista =)

Then again compared to Leopard, WinXP is no picnic either.

The TI drivers did install but did not work, I read in another post the 2.10 version of the procyon has an upgraded chipset... I got a CD from mind modulations but it's all the old 1.7 stuff

I did find some cool pc software though, Brainwave Generator, it supports audiostrobe (only 2 of 3 colors work though and its kind of yucky) It's been an interesting voyage making this mac pro run like a PC but it does pretty well, the Bootcamp feature is nice.

Thanks for the post Robert... I guess I will wait for the updated drivers in the interim...

7. Default Re: Very cool indeed!

One question - what happens to the unit I just purchased with the 2.10 hardware if and when you end up using the silicon labs chip? obsolete already? will there be any software releases to support the 2.10 firmware?

Blog Entries

The operation of the 2 devices will be the same. The software will be written to support both devices. The chip was changed due to a supply issue of the other chip. The new driver will be out as soon as possible.

Older Procyons will continue to work and be supported with updates and software just as the version with the different IC will be.

Hi, Rob--

Actually, you have one of the new units--very sorry that the new drivers are not yet posted! I've lit a fire under our engineer to get this to me first of the week, so we can get it posted. Your unit includes the Silicon Labs chip.

The new Procyon Editor will work with both TI and SiLabs USB chips, and now auto-configures the USB port (so you don't have to select which port you want to use etc.).

Thanks for your patience!

-Robert

Thread Information