Thread: What's your daily AVS routine?

1. Default What's your daily AVS routine?

Hi. I've had my kasina for about 7 years now. However, it has always been in the storage collecting dust. The reason? I don't know how exactly to use them. I don't seem to receive any benefit at all. I use sleep session and after the session is over, I am still fully awake with my mind still completely alert. In the morning, I would feel like I want to go back to bed even after using the energize session. I don't seem to understand how I am supposed to use it.

Further, I'm honestly wondering how a lot of people here could finish a 1 hour session. I read that others even do 3 hour sessions. Meanwhile, I couldn't even last 20 minutes out of boredom. If a default session has 50 minutes duration, do I have to listen to it from start to end?

I think there's something I need to do to get its benefits. So, how do you use yours?

Default Re: What's your daily AVS routine?

For sleep: if you are a chronic insomniac, use SMR (low beta) sessions at least 3 times a week. These do put you to sleep, rather they train your brain to sleep better and be more resilient to stress over time. It takes about 3 weeks before the new neural pathways develop. You can do these anytime, but at sunset will aid in melatonin production. For sleep induction, stay away from blue light after dark. Use red. What I do is use the patch cord to connect your Kasina to a speaker instead of headphones, and put the glasses on an adjacent nightstand or pillow. Lay facing the light until you get drowsy or fall asleep. Adjust the sound level to just be just loud enough to drown out ambient noise. I really don't have much luck with sleep induction sessions as I have an abundance of waking delta brainwaves. I do better with an alpha session just before bed.

Wake up sessions use blue light. Beta and gamma frequencies are in order. Blue light will convert melatonin to serotonin.

Just like any other activity, don't expect to be able to jump in and do advanced, long sessions. It takes time to build up to it. I was taught to master each brainwave state before advancing deeper. To reach a theta state, you must be in an alpha state first. To get to delta, you must first go through theta. Don't start your practice doing deep, long sessions. Start with SMR for at least 3 weeks, then do alpha sessions for a month before attempting theta. Your brain needs to work up to entrainment. Same goes for breath work. Start slow and short, and gradually increase the time.

Of course everyone is different. Conditions like ADD/ADHD and depression can change things that are not the "norm" if there is such a thing. For instance, someone with ADD, it is common for them to find beta energizing sessions relaxing, and might even put them to sleep.

3. Default Re: What's your daily AVS routine?

"Of course everyone is different. Conditions like ADD/ADHD and depression can change things that are not the "norm" if there is such a thing. For instance, someone with ADD, it is common for them to find beta energizing sessions relaxing, and might even put them to sleep."

Hey Joe, I completely relate to this! About 1/2 to 3/4 through (Limina) Procyon 'Energy' sessions my body gets so heavy and tired. Any suggestions on which alternative tracks may give me a boost. I generally struggle with energy until about 6PM then the freight train is finally rolling and doesn't want to stop until 3AM! This occurs even if I stay away from blue lighting and caffeine.

Default Re: What's your daily AVS routine?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-TRIX View Post
    "Of course everyone is different. Conditions like ADD/ADHD and depression can change things that are not the "norm" if there is such a thing. For instance, someone with ADD, it is common for them to find beta energizing sessions relaxing, and might even put them to sleep."

Hey Joe, I completely relate to this! About 1/2 to 3/4 through (Limina) Procyon 'Energy' sessions my body gets so heavy and tired. Any suggestions on which alternative tracks may give me a boost. I generally struggle with energy until about 6PM then the freight train is finally rolling and doesn't want to stop until 3AM! This occurs even if I stay away from blue lighting and caffeine.
    Try gamma sessions

Thread Information