Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Default Re: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I posted 3 different ways to accomplish the same goal. Using the Cymatic plugin, you only need one track. I assume you are using Audiostrobe. Set the plugin to panning at 10% DS. You only need the green light track, delete or mute the rest. It should give you the result you are looking for.
    Hello Joe,
    sorry, but this way was the first one i tried that failed.
    Again: One track (green), Plug-In setting: waveform: pulse, LFO Target: panning, Pulse Width: 10%
    Result: Left channel: 10% pulse 90% pause, Right channel: 90% pulse 10% pause
    Imagine you pulse with 50% at each side but alternate -> right side on, left side off (this is the only way what is realizeable with panning and pulse width 50%)
    Now you want instead of 50% pulse only 10% pulse. So it should be: left side 10% pulse 90% off, right side 100 % off. Then left side 100 % off, right side 10% pulse 90% off.

This function is important because when you reduce the pulse width at higher frequencies you can better perceive the pulses than when you pulse with 50% pulse width.

Here is a template. Note that for Audiostrobe, you must balance the output volume of your player to the brightness adjustment on your AVE device.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a template. Note that for Audiostrobe, you must balance the output volume of your player to the brightness adjustment on your AVE device.
    Hello Joe,
    thank you for the template, but the result with this is the same as before.
    With waveforms: sine, square, saw it pulses 50% pulse width regardless what you set in pulse width.
    Only with waveform pulse the pulse width 10% is realized.
    But ..... with left side: 10% pulse 90% pause (that is ok) right side: 90% pulse 10% pause (that is not ok)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
    Hello Joe,
    thank you for the template, but the result with this is the same as before.
    With waveforms: sine, square, saw it pulses 50% pulse width regardless what you set in pulse width.
    Only with waveform pulse the pulse width 10% is realized.
    But ..... with left side: 10% pulse 90% pause (that is ok) right side: 90% pulse 10% pause (that is not ok)
    You are right. Using the Cymatic plugin I see no difference in duty cycle no matter what pulse width I set unless I choose the Pulse waveform. I also see irregularities in the right and left channels. Cymatic is developing a new plugin, maybe that won't be a problem with it. You should be able to use the Pulse waveform on 2 tracks, pan one to the right and the other to the left, and offset one by 180 degrees. When I get a chance I will check it out.

10% and 50% Duty Cycle.PNG

You are right. Using the Cymatic plugin I see no difference in duty cycle no matter what pulse width I set unless I choose the Pulse waveform. I also see irregularities in the right and left channels. Cymatic is developing a new plugin, maybe that won't be a problem with it. You should be able to use the Pulse waveform on 2 tracks, pan one to the right and the other to the left, and offset one by 180 degrees. When I get a chance I will check it out.
    Hello Joe,

Here what i posted (#9):
    "Even the waveform i had changed to pulse. Slide the LFO Target slider to panning, set pulse width to 10%.
    Then i duplicated the track (green). Set the slider beneath the Volume pan slider of one track to left and the slider of the other track to right. Then one track is pulsing with 10% and the other track has 10% pause and pulses with 90%. I tried all phase inverted buttons and also
    the boxes (Invert phase) in the Item Properties windows, but without any changing result."

(Even when i slide the LFO Target slider to volume it doesn't work)
    Is there another way to offset one track by 180 degrees other than click invert phase (what didn't work)?

OK I'll have to play around to see how the best way to do it. It may be the plugin. I didn't try the JS LFO because you can't adjust the waveform. This is what I did:

Create a track. Put on a tone generator, followed by the Cymatic LFO set to pulse at 10%. Create midi item by holding Ctrl and dragging across the timeline. Right click on it and choose Apply FX as New Take. Then copy it and move to another track (Ctrl-Drag). Zoom in until you can see the waveforms. Drag one track until the pulse is offset 180 deg. Then Pan one to the right and one to the left. Double click the item to get Item Properties, and pan to the right or left respectively. I did it with tones, but it should work using the green track as well.

10% DS Alternating Tones.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found this free LFO plugin that may be a better alternative. I haven't had a chance to learn how to use it in anticipation of the new Cymatic plugin. https://www.noiseash.com/action-tremolo/

8. Default Re: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Hi there Joe!

I was wondering if you received my reply that I send you 13 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos Bos View Post
    Hi there Joe!

I was wondering if you received my reply that I send you 13 days ago.
    About the theta-gamma session, yes if that is what you are asking. I am contemplating doing a video tutorial soon. It will give me an opportunity to explore the video editing capabilities of Reaper. What you are doing is entirely possible to construct with Reaper. If you’re stuck, maybe we can arrange a Skype or Zoom call and I will walk you through it.

General rule of thumb for ramps is 1 Hz +- per minute. There is some debate if ramps are really needed at all as the brain will eventually entrain to a steady stimulus. Sudden large jumps in frequency can be jarring and might jerk you out of a theta state, so short ramps are needed for that regard. Advanced users can reduce ramp times to allow more time in the targeted frequency.

OK I'll have to play around to see how the best way to do it. It may be the plugin. I didn't try the JS LFO because you can't adjust the waveform. This is what I did:

Create a track. Put on a tone generator, followed by the Cymatic LFO set to pulse at 10%. Create midi item by holding Ctrl and dragging across the timeline. Right click on it and choose Apply FX as New Take. Then copy it and move to another track (Ctrl-Drag). Zoom in until you can see the waveforms. Drag one track until the pulse is offset 180 deg. Then Pan one to the right and one to the left. Double click the item to get Item Properties, and pan to the right or left respectively. I did it with tones, but it should work using the green track as well.

10% DS Alternating Tones.PNG
    Hello Joe,

thank you for your tip here.
    Ok maybe this can be function in some cases. But in many cases if you want to change the pulse width ( for example in a ramp) or want to
    change to an exact pulse width value (for example 27%) it would be very difficult (or impossible ?) to realise it with dragging the track.
    So can you please ask cymatic (if you can contact him), if he can integrate the pulse width in alternate mode in his new plug-in?
    Thank you.

Thread Information