Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Default Re: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    I found this free LFO plugin that may be a better alternative. I haven't had a chance to learn how to use it in anticipation of the new Cymatic plugin. https://www.noiseash.com/action-tremolo/
    Hello Joe again,

thank you for this tip.
    I experimented a little bit with it, but here also it is not possible to realise the pulse width in alternate mode in a decent manner.
    (Therefore it has to offer some other goodies, for example you can form your own waveform very quickly etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
    Hello Joe again,

thank you for this tip.
    I experimented a little bit with it, but here also it is not possible to realise the pulse width in alternate mode in a decent manner.
    (Therefore it has to offer some other goodies, for example you can form your own waveform very quickly etc.)
    Well, you can still create your pulse width in pulse mode, duplicate it, and offset it 180 deg while panning each right and left. I will check with the Cymatic dudes and see what their new plugin can do for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Well, you can still create your pulse width in pulse mode, duplicate it, and offset it 180 deg while panning each right and left. I will check with the Cymatic dudes and see what their new plugin can do for that.
    Hello Joe, any chance of that video tutorial coming through? There are no decent editors anymore. Thanks for your efforts.

Edit: also reaper file doesnt work, cymatic plugin doesnt exist.
    Last edited by ikk; 07-09-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikk View Post
    Hello Joe, any chance of that video tutorial coming through? There are no decent editors anymore. Thanks for your efforts.

Edit: also reaper file doesn't work, Cymatic plugin doesnt exist.
    The Zip file for the Reaper file still works, and I was able to still download the Cymatic plugin. You can still create sessions without the plugin, but it does make it easier and has helpful features and functions specfic to AVS. A new and (greatly!) improved plugin is in the works.

I will put together a video soon, if you don't mind a rough draft.

5. Default Re: How to Produce Spectrastrobe and Audiostrobe sessions with a DAW

Thanks

Not clean and polished, but I thought I would post it before I learn video editing

I downloaded Reaper, and your template, and finally after a lot of experimentation I got it up and running and I can now at least create Audiostrobe sessions, however the problem I am having is that to a achieve a visible Audiostrobe session my gain levels really have to be quite high, so high infact that it creates serious audible feedback, and the audio track is lost underneath it all. I have tried every thing I can think off to reduce this so that I still still get a visual output, I have turned my PC's mike off, constantly adjusted track levels, etc, etc, but all to no avail!
    I am very new to all of this and realise I am probably making some really stupid mistake, so please any suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Alan View Post
    I downloaded Reaper, and your template, and finally after a lot of experimentation I got it up and running and I can now at least create Audiostrobe sessions, however the problem I am having is that to a achieve a visible Audiostrobe session my gain levels really have to be quite high, so high infact that it creates serious audible feedback, and the audio track is lost underneath it all. I have tried every thing I can think off to reduce this so that I still still get a visual output, I have turned my PC's mike off, constantly adjusted track levels, etc, etc, but all to no avail!
    I am very new to all of this and realise I am probably making some really stupid mistake, so please any suggestions!
    You are almost there!

The volume level coming out of the Tone Generator is much too high. You must turn the volume way low. A better way to do it is to double click the Media Item to open Media Item Properties. Halfway down you will see Volume/ Pan. 100% volume setting in Reaper is 0.00db. Set that to -12db, click apply, and you will have a good volume range. That or create your light media items with the Cymatic plugin.

To create SS from there, create Red and Blue tracks the same as Green. Put them in a folder (tracks will be indented) with the parent track containing a LFO in FX. Create your reference track and set it the same -12db. DO NOT MODULATE THIS TRACK. Put it on the very top as Track 1, stretch it to the full length of the session and forget about it.

Adjust volume levels of the RGB to create different colors.

Once you create Media Items the correct volume level, create a folder on your computer and name it something like "Entrainment Tones." Copy and paste the RGB and Ref items from reaper into the file. For future sessions, copy or drag the files from the file into your session. Make sure you name the Media Item and it will name the track appropriately. I also save tones in pitch frequencies I use often, like Solfeggio frequencies.

Many thanks, much clearer now!

Thread Information