Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

1. Question Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Hi There My name is Jos nice to meet you all,

I am new to the Light and Sound devices and have just ordered my first machine its a Kasina.
    I bought the device with the sole purpose of attaining a altered state of consciousness.
    The so called Theta-Gamma-Sync, I read a post of a member of a different forum that this brainwave state can be easily reached and trained with a Light Sound machine. The poster posted this a while ago, I reached out to him/her but did not got a response. However I bought the Kasina and now I am here, ready to program a session for this purpose.

The person said I should ramp down to (lights) Theta over a 6 minute period and than hold Theta for 5 minutes and then over lay it with (sound square wave) Gamma every 5 minutes for a duration of 10 seconds.

I really have no clue how to go about this when using the editing software KBS Editior

What I did as fat right now is: Dividing the session up in segments
    First Segment:
    Has a duration of 360:00 the beat has 4,5HZ. (does this cause the ramp down?)
    Second Segment:
    Has a duration of 300:00 the beat has 4,5HZ.
    Third Segment: Has a duration of 10:00 the beat has 40HZ and SndWP is placed on square.
    The rest of the segments alternating between the second and third segments.

Can somebody tell me if this is the right setup?
    Schermafdruk van 2021-04-25 14-49-08.png

Here is the text on with I based this settings:

One of the best ways to do this is to get a light and sound machine that you can program. Ramp down into theta over about a 6 minute period. Then, hold that state for another 5 minutes or so. Then overlay bursts of gamma for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so. Max session length for practical purposes is about 45 min.
    I recommend using the lights to help you into theta and sounds (square wave) for the gamma bursts. Gamma with lights can look like a solid on light. I use 40 cps gamma generally and can create a tone that is clearly audible for that where the pulsing is clear vs 40 cps light looking like a solid on light.

Theta is a profound altered stated. Gamma overlaid on it creates an extensive expanded awareness and a being at one with everything kind of feeling in many. It is also transient and is easier to maintain for a small amount of time, say 30 minutes or so if you have those signals being introduced regularly via a light and sound device.
    Practice and get good with theta say around 6 cps. Once that is easy, then overlay gamma signals every 5 minutes or so for a few seconds. Say 10 seconds worth.

Blog Entries

Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Hi Jos;

Welcome to the forum!

You'll get a better idea of what's actually happening by checking out the Session Chart tab on the Editor:
    KBS 1.jpg

You can see that by default, when the beat changes between segments, the Kasina ramps from the 1st frequency to the 2nd.
    From your description, it sounds like you are looking for "bursts" of gamma every 5 minutes for 10 seconds. Is that right?
    If so, do you want your session to look more like this?
    KBS 3.jpg

I've attached the .kbs file if you want to play with it some more.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Yes the person mentioned that the user needed to setup it up so that the Gamma burst every 5 minutes for 10 seconds.I just opened the file in the KBS Editor and I looks like that you made settings just like the person was talking about. If so, than thank you very freaking much!!! However one last question about this particular file you made, Does this have a soft ending? because I read somewhere that sessions need to have soft endings. If not how can I insert a soft ending in this file. I assume to click on + for new segment and then 10 HZ as beat for a duration of 1min ?Although the person mentioned 6 HZ I opted for 4,5 HZ is there a significantly difference between those to parameters?Again thank you so much!!

Blog Entries

Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

You're very welcome.

What's a "soft ending"?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

By soft ending I mean a Fade-out, Its probably used as a way to slowly re-adjust to normal beta brainwavesHere is a screenshot I made from the video tutorial of the old KBS Editior:

Schermafdruk van 2021-04-25 21-23-20.png

Blog Entries

Oh, I see. That's just the audio and lighting fading in at the start and fading out at the end. Easy-peasy.
    Your first segment already fades in over the 6 minutes. If you would like that fade in time to be shorter, just add a short segment before the #1 segment that has the time you'd like to fade in.
    Notice that segment 0 has a brightness and volume of 0% which means lights off and sound off. Over the next segment (#1) the lights and sound will fade in until they are at 100% a the end of that segment.

To fade out, just add an additional segment at the end that's much like the 1st segment, with a brightness and volume of 0.

Here's a modified session with the addition of a 10 second fade-in and a 20 second fade-out.
    KBS 4.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy.

7. Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Sweat thanks now its perfect, only waiting on delivery and i am good to go.
    I was stressing the last 36 hours. How to edited it such as the person mentioned but you saved me big time. Again thank you very much.
    Last edited by Jos Bos; 04-25-2021 at 10:05 PM.

8. Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Hello Andy,

The .KBS file you shared with me, has the problem that when it starts the volume is very low. So I need to turn the volume up, than 5 minutes later the sound becomes louder. So I need to adjust the volume again. How can I fix this?

Blog Entries

Hi Jos Bos;

Your original track faded in over 6 minutes. The new one that I made had a 10-second fade-in. Did you change anything?

Send me a screenshot of the first few segments.
    -Andy.

10. Default Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Hello Andy,

Thank you very much for reaching back to me, very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi Jos Bos;

Your original track faded in over 6 minutes. The new one that I made had a 10-second fade-in. Did you change anything?
    Yes, I did changed the sessions a lot. I even extended it to 2,5 hour back when I first started. I also made files that did go back and forth in the Beta and Theta bandwidth with a time interval of 17 minutes (including their ramps) along a few other things. I believe on one point I removed the fade-in and fade-out of the original file and saved it as that. However I normally would have saved the newly made files under different names.

But it can have happened that when I closed the editor, the save now window would pop up. And I could have made the mistake to quickly save that new file under the name of the older file, As that name is already present in the save as section. Typically I would not close the editor immediately, I would first try the session out, to see if everything is as it should be. Then after a few hours I would close the editor. and then I would have gotten the save now" message. By that time my consciousness have had a reset, and I not immediately remember that I need to save the file under a new name.

Could you please change the name of this thread. I would like to see that all of the capital letters of the word help would be changed into normal letters. As is its a non chaotic energy and right now that can not been said, thank you

*Note
    The files that I had updated, all have 15% volume in the GAMMA section. Because somehow the square waves sounds have a enormous increasement of volume compared to the Theta sound frequency. But I do not know if that is a good thing or bad thing. What I experience though is a mental shock because of the sudden major increasement of volume. Maybe because of the shock, I would be launched into beta which is closer to GAMMA compared with Theta. On the flip side, I need to eventually (with regularly and daily practice) be able to reach deep Theta brainwaves overlaid with GAMMA. So maybe I need to be exposed to GAMMA waves while Im still in Theta brainwaves. Could you share your opinion on this matter?

*Note II

I just downloaded the original file again that you have send me previously. And I listened to it and also compared it to the specific file that I was using, Only my creation has at the beginning a very slow increasement of the Theta sound. So its all good now, although I still would like to know what is the causation of this matter.
    So I can deal with it if it arises again.

I tried to upload the files in a structured orderly fashion but the website would not cooperate.
    Folder containing: 1x Full screenshot, 1x Close up screenshot, 1x .KBS file. Of Jos Bos 42Min TGS BALG.kbs
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Tn?usp=sharing

Thread Information