Thread: How to not fall asleep during Theta

1. Default How to not fall asleep during Theta

Hello,

I am pretty new to this , just bought my Kasina.
    Any tips and tricks how to not fall asleep during sessions that reach Theta? I am having this problem constantly (with normal and Deep vision).Heck, I even fall asleep during Gamma sessions( is this even possible?)
    During normal meditation sessions I can pretty much control this.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to not fall asleep during Theta

Is falling asleep a problem? Sounds like you're very good at relaxing! (I wish I had that problem!)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: How to not fall asleep during Theta

I am very good at sleeping . Do things like hypnotic suggestions still work when asleep? I somehow like to remain a bit conscious. Where is the barrier between deep meditation and sleep? Shouldn't these things be separate, I mean deep meditation and sleep?
    Thanks again!

Default Re: How to not fall asleep during Theta

When you are asleep, the brain blocks the senses. You are still hearing and feeling, just your brain is not routing that info to be processed. New sleep research is finding that in some cases, the brain can be entrained to an extent while sleeping. The general consensus is that you should be at least somewhat aware. The hypnotic state where you are not asleep, but very relaxed and "zoned out" is the hyper-suggestible state (theta). Think of a long drive where you arrive safely at your destination, but have no recollection of any details of the trip. That is a theta state.

If you have trouble falling asleep during a session, it likely means you are sleep deprived and need the sleep. Try doing your sessions when you are well rested and awake. Quality sessions will put something deep in the session like a change of music, or some gongs or bells in to gently nudge you from falling asleep. Try sitting up rather than lying down. Keeping the eyes open, or at least partially open (using DeepVision) helps as well.

5. Default Re: How to not fall asleep during Theta

Thank you!! Great tips!

6. Default Re: How to not fall asleep during Theta

Thanks for the tip.

Thread Information