Thread: Kasina making chopping/chirping sound randomly - And can't find latest firmware

1. Default Kasina making chopping/chirping sound randomly - And can't find latest firmware

Hi there!
    I am wondering if anybody has had problems like me when the Kasina suddendly chops the sound and also sometimes a high chirping sound.
    It's actually sounds like if the contact with the earphones would be bad (but it isn't), and goes contact/no contact.

I am always very careful with the device, and since I work professionally with electronics as well, I haven't been careless.

I tried to update/reload the firmware to see if it helps, but I can't find the latest firmware.
    It isn't where it should be:
    https://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#software

When I try to download an older version, that doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina making chopping/chirping sound randomly - And can't find latest firmware

Please contact support.

The firmware is part of the Editor now.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Kasina making chopping/chirping sound randomly - And can't find latest firmware

If anybody else gets the same problem, here is the solution that worked for me:

It seems that the SD card somehow got corrupt. I reformatted the SD-card (not the quick version, so that any errors could be marked as bad) and the problem doesn't seem to continue with the sound anymore.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina making chopping/chirping sound randomly - And can't find latest firmware

Make sure to format your card to FAT32 (very important). If it's a card larger than 32gb, they come formatted exFAT as standard, so see here:
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/c...-in-the-Kasina
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information