Thread: Transfering other users' sessions

Default Transfering other users' sessions

Hi!

I've recently received my Procyon, and although I might try making my own sessions at some point, I am at present more interested in trying some of the sessions others have kindly posted on the forum.

So, is it necessary for me to install the drivers and things first, if I'm initially not planning on downloading and using the editor?

And - (sorry if I've not read the manual closely enough!) - how do I get the sessions into the Procyon, ie do I somehow number them myself? Bit nervous in case I overwrite the preset sessions!

Many thanks,

H.G., UK.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Transfering other users' sessions

Hi HG,

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Hi!

So, is it necessary for me to install the drivers and things first, if I'm initially not planning on downloading and using the editor?
    No, you can use the Procyon as is.

And - (sorry if I've not read the manual closely enough!) - how do I get the sessions into the Procyon, ie do I somehow number them myself? Bit nervous in case I overwrite the preset sessions!
    I haven't tinkered with the programming or uploading yet however, what I could find in the Procyon Editor software User's guide http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm is that you can create an album and store the sessions there. Also, apparently, there is an option whether to "append" (which adds the new programs to the end of the current album list) or "overwrite sessions". In the end, if you do overwrite the factory sessions by accident, you can download them and get them back. If you need a more detailed answer than this, please let me know and I'll ask Robert.

M.

Blog Entries

Hello, HG, and welcome to the forum!

As Marisa says, you can enjoy the Procyon without having to upload programs, installing software or anything tricky like that.

If you do wish to delve a little deeper, please download the Procyon Editor and the Procyon Editor User's Guide from http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

Please read the manual in it's entirety, and before you plug your Procyon into your computer, follow these instructions that I've posted: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=325

Do please read up and come back and ask questions if anything seems unclear or you get stuck!

-Andy.

Thank you both. I didn't quite explain part of my query very clearly though; what I mean is, if I plug in the Procyon to load new sessions, without having downloaded drivers etc., will this then cause problems when I install the editor, as I will in effect have done things the wrong way round (ie already plugged it in previously)?

I particularly like the sound of the 'trance' session that I think Marisa posted, though I have a lot of in-built sessions to try of course..

H.Ghoul

Blog Entries

You have to install the editor on your computer to upload new sessions from the files here. Installing the editor requires installing the drivers. Plugging in your Procyon to the computer without installing both these things won't work.

Also, make sure you're looking at PROCYON sessions, not PROTEUS. The Proteus sessions will not work on the Procyon.

The ones on this forum are here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=123 and they are all just conversions of Proteus programs to run on the Procyon.

Thanks Andy, that all makes sense re. the installations.

Re. the sessions, I wrongly downloaded the 'trance' one from Marisa's original zip file; I have downloaded the converted sessions from the correct link.

Thanks again -

Ghoul.

Thread Information