Thread: Need Help New User

1. Default Need Help New User

New to this just got the Kaina. I have used light/mind/ units before and they helped me a-lot with anxiety, PTSD and agoraphobia back in the 90s. I use an app and glasses now called Mindroid on my phone with colored glasses. First, this device seems to be build really cheap for 2020. I see lots of people that say this machine is amazing and others that say it stinks. But I wanted to educate myself first, I am sure that a lot of people just think it sucks because they dont know what they are going. Does this maching do things like hemi-sync, binaural beats? I am looking for a solution to my anxiety and depression and dont want to have hope if it is not going to work. Can someone please let me know that your thoughts are. I see you can create your own programs but not knowing the technical details of lights, color and sounds right now, that is near to impossible to me, so I am kind of at a standstill and really hoping that this is going to be a great solution for me.

Thank you in advance for your help! Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need Help New User

Hello and Welcome!

There's really nothing the Kasina can't do, but I always recommend "baby steps". It has unlimited capabilities, but with that can come complexity. Luckily, MP has created a device that's simple to use, but with a lot of power under the hood.

First steps should be to read through the manual, while working with the device to understand it's operation. Next, sit back and relax to one of the SpectaStrobe sessions. Try a few of them to see which ones appeal to you. Get the brightness and volume the way you like them. See what works best for you, as everyone's brains work differently. Only through trying out the included sessions will you really start to see how powerful this device is.

Later (as in months later), if you start to get bored with the built-in sessions, there's SO many more sessions available right here on the support site, you really can never run out. If that doesn't do it for you, download the Editor, start creating your own sessions that do what you want. Install Reaper and the Cymatic Plugins and start creating SS sessions...

But wait, we're getting ahead of ourselves. That advanced stuff is for later. WAY later...

Once again, baby steps. Start with reading the manual, running some SpectraStrobe sessions and getting a feel for the device.
    Additionally, I always recommend reading a great post from the incredible AVS enthusiast, Craig Tice, who sadly is no longer with us. It's a great way to focus your goals for AVS.

Enjoy!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information