Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make an existing built-in session longer?

1. Default Make an existing built-in session longer?

Hi! I've had my Kasina about week and really like the built in Biomarkers session because it compliments my current "follow the breath" mediation practice. I just wish it were longer! Ideally keep it as is, but have it continue for an extra 15 minutes for a total of 25 minutes. Is this something a newbie could easily do with the Basic Session Editor?
    Thanks!

2. Default Need an older version of basic session editor for Mac

I have a very old Mac with OS 10.8.5 and the current version wont run. Does anyone know where I could find an older version that will work on 10.8.5?

Im specifically looking to make a longer (25 minute) version of the Biomarkers session. Will the editor allow me to do that?

thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need an older version of basic session editor for Mac

Hi SpaceCoyote;

The editor only edits KBS sessions. The BioMarkers session is a SpectraStrobe session, and can't really be edited since you don't have the original parts or the editor (Likely MWS) that it was created with.
    You could try copy/pasting a loop within DAW software, but I doubt you'd be satisfied.

Maybe reach out to JoeV here and see if he'd be up for creating a new session for you based on BioMarkers?

You know also that if you enable the "loop playback" function in the settings on the Kasina, when you play the track it will repeat forever until you stop it.
    If you just want it to repeat once, then create a new folder on the Kasina's SD card (it works like an external drive), and copy the BioMarkers session into that folder, but twice.
    Turn OFF "Loop Playback" in Settings. Then, highlight the first copy of the BioMarkers session on the Kasina, and press the RIGHT button on the Kasina. It will play the first BioMarkers session, and when it finishes, it will play the second, then stop. If you have "Loop Playback" enabled, it will jump back to the start and play the 2 sessions over and over until you stop it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: Make an existing built-in session longer?

Thanks Andy!
    I reached out to JoeV.
    Thanks for the tip about looping playback. The problem with that is the session starts out fast and gradually slows. I’d like to keep the final slow rate going for an extra 15-20 minutes.

5. Default Re: Make an existing built-in session longer?

So I found an older post with a biomarkers mind workstation file, downloaded the mind workstation trial on my old PC, and seem to have made a 30 minute version of biomarkers! It almost seemed too easy ;-) I can play it through the Kasina via USB. However I can’t export it because my copy of mind workstation isn’t registered. And no way to purchase and register as it seem like it’s no longer being maintained and supported. So.... if I attach the mws file, could someone convert to a file that will play on the Kasina?
    I think I attached the file properly, but had to add the extension .mp3 at the end of the filename for it to upload, so you'll need to remove that bit!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SpaceCoyote; 10-01-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Default Re: Make an existing built-in session longer?

I can't open it in MWS because it show up as a MP3 file instead of .MWS

7. Default Re: Make an existing built-in session longer?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    I can't open it in MWS because it show up as a MP3 file instead of .MWS
    You just have to edit the filename and delete the .mp3 off the end! I had to do that because the forum software won't let me upload a .mws
    If for some reason that still won't work, I'll figure out someplace to put the .mws and send you a link. Actually I can just put it in a .zip file and repost later.

FYI I found the original 10 minute mws file here
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...ght=Biomarkers
    Last edited by SpaceCoyote; 10-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCoyote View Post
    I think I attached the file properly, but had to add the extension .mp3 at the end of the filename for it to upload, so you'll need to remove that bit!
    Just compress it next time. You can upload .zip files.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

9. Default Re: Make an existing built-in session longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just compress it next time. You can upload .zip files.
    I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier! try this:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anything else you want changed? 30 min?

Thread Information