Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy jeez, it worked!

Smile Holy jeez, it worked!

I'm finally on the forum! Thank you, Andy!

I am Rodulf, a long time MWS/NP3 user that had to switch. I now use Reaper DAW and Cymatics Spectrastrobe plugins for all of my tracks.
    I began exploring BWE back in 2011 after suffering a bad PTSD episode. After taking responsibility for my own therapy I re-constructed my inner self using my own affirmation tracks and meditations. Now...no more bad dreams, no more deathly fear mood swings, no more disassociation episodes. Since the Windows 10 update from hell that destroyed MWS and NP3 I have worked exclusively in Reaper to make immersive meditation type tracks. I use Gnaural for BWE. I have used Reaper for about 3 years. I also mix with Ambisonics so my meditations are a 3D soundscape.
    Really looking forward to some interesting times with like-minded people!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Holy jeez, it worked!

Welcome, Rudulf!

Very happy you could join us!

Sounds like you've had quite a ride, and I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better with the help of BWE. That's the main reason we're all here!

I'm going to let JoeV know you've joined up and perhaps we can get a dialog going of how best to use Reaper as an alternative for the now-defunct MWS.

Cheers!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

10-4! Appreciate the help.

Welcome to the forum Rodulf! It looks like we may have a lot in common! Like Andy said, I am looking to develop a MWS replacement using Reaper. With the power of Reaper, I think I can create something
    that surpasses MWS! I sent you a PM.

I did a bunch of sessions for the 30 Day Meditation Challenge a while back. This session utilizes EMDR and hemispheric balancing techniques that are helpful for PTSD.

This session utilizes hemispheric balancing techniques and binaural beats. It is recommended that you use the headphone testing utility to make sure your headphones are working properly.

Description: Alpha/beta hemispheric balancing session utilizing EMDR, photic entrainment, isochronic tones and binaural beats.

Objective: Break stuck thinking patterns and encourage new neural pathways

Instructions: The session starts with EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, a technique that has found useful for those with PTSD to reprocess traumatic memories. It is thought to work by moving thoughts to different areas of the brain so it may be processed differently. Think of a thought or memory that bothers you or is stuck in your head while moving your eyes back and forth to the light and sound. It is important for your eyes to move. After 5 min the entrainment will then target the right hemisphere with beta while keeping the left in alpha for five minutes, and then stimulate the left hemisphere with beta and the right hemisphere with alpha for five minutes. The hemispheres will come together at 15 Hz SMR where the isochronic tones will morph into a binaural beat. A recent study has found binaural beats, particularly at 15 Hz to activate more areas of the brain simultaneously, as well as increase visuospatial working memory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lvw565ppq...Board.mp3?dl=0
    Last edited by JoeV; 09-29-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Joe,
    I discovered EMDR a while back. Yes, it does work. In Reaper I have been doing dual-hemisphere entrainment. Several of my personal sessions use this and produce a deep altered state. "...encourage new neural pathways..."....Absolutely. Have you ever come across the 8 Circuit Mind ideas of Robert Anton Wilson? His book "Prometheus Rising" details how we are all enslaved by our early imprinting.
    "Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    So I May Enter Hall Up High,
    The Sky Belongs To Asagods,
    As Long As The Raven Flies!"
    Amon Amarth

6. Default Re: Holy jeez, it worked!

I am looking to develop a MWS replacement using Reaper. With the power of Reaper, I think I can create something that surpasses MWS! I sent you a PM.

Wow. That sounds like a dream come true!!
    Still using MWS on an old computer for spectrastrobe encoding and some binaural stuff, but working primarily in Reaper for everything audio related. Looking forward to hear more of this project!!

Many greetings

With the right plugins Reaper far exceeds MWS in just about every category. If there's any interest I will post some meditation tracks I've made with 3D sound.
    "Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    Amon Amarth

Quote Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
    With the right plugins Reaper far exceeds MWS in just about every category. If there's any interest I will post some meditation tracks I've made with 3D sound.
    Is there any BWE in your meditation tracks? I’d be interested in hearing one ��

I've been using the Cymatics SS VST for a while, now. I can't get Lux Spectra to do much except make a visual mush...nothing like I want to create. For audio entrainment I made gamma, delta, theta, etc tracks in Gnarual and make them very low pitch in Reaper, to the point they are felt rather than heard. This has been working but I want to learn to make the visually intense SS effects I'm seeing in others. I'll see if I can find an appropriate track to post.
    "Doubting not
    I give My Blood,
    Amon Amarth

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Welcome to the forum Rodulf! It looks like we may have a lot in common! Like Andy said, I am looking to develop a MWS replacement using Reaper. With the power of Reaper, I think I can create something
    that surpasses MWS! I sent you a PM.

I did a bunch of sessions for the 30 Day Meditation Challenge a while back. This session utilizes EMDR and hemispheric balancing techniques that are helpful for PTSD.

This session utilizes hemispheric balancing techniques and binaural beats. It is recommended that you use the headphone testing utility to make sure your headphones are working properly.

Description: Alpha/beta hemispheric balancing session utilizing EMDR, photic entrainment, isochronic tones and binaural beats.

Objective: Break stuck thinking patterns and encourage new neural pathways

Instructions: The session starts with EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, a technique that has found useful for those with PTSD to reprocess traumatic memories. It is thought to work by moving thoughts to different areas of the brain so it may be processed differently. Think of a thought or memory that bothers you or is stuck in your head while moving your eyes back and forth to the light and sound. It is important for your eyes to move. After 5 min the entrainment will then target the right hemisphere with beta while keeping the left in alpha for five minutes, and then stimulate the left hemisphere with beta and the right hemisphere with alpha for five minutes. The hemispheres will come together at 15 Hz SMR where the isochronic tones will morph into a binaural beat. A recent study has found binaural beats, particularly at 15 Hz to activate more areas of the brain simultaneously, as well as increase visuospatial working memory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lvw565ppq...Board.mp3?dl=0
    Hi JoeV
    It's look like the dropbox link invalid. I think the 3 dots in the middle "1lvw565ppq...Board.mp3" are a "shortening" for real data, breaking the link.

Edit : Found full link it in the 30 Day Meditation post "All on Board- 30 min" : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lvw565ppq...Board.mp3?dl=0
    Pierre
    Last edited by sisgene; 10-04-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Thread Information