Thread: How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

1. Default How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

I have been working with the Kasina and previous MindPlce product models for YEARS, but have yet to have much success with self-hypnosis, or subconscious programming. I am obviously missing something. Is there anyone who HAS had such success? If so, what are the best practices/techniques in designing an effective session? Present tense statements, obviously, but beyond that, what? Long slow ramp from beta to delta? Quick ramp from beta the delta? Isochronic Tones? Binaural Beats? Music? No music? Audible voice statements? Subliminal voice statements? Other techniques? I am using NeuroProgrammer 3 to create the tracks.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

I am a Certified Hypnotist since 2013. Your questions are highly subjective to the the individual. Using AVE greatly increases you rate of success when it comes to hypnosis.

The best program is to use alpha sessions for visualizing and self suggestions. Theta is used for recorded scripts and affirmations. The mental process involved in visualizing and talking to yourself is too much to enter a theta state. Delta is too deep, unless you goal is anesthesia. To see what is going to work the best for you, take a sensory modality test. There is one built in to NP3. Also it will help to see how suggestible you are, or if you are an analytical thinker. A hypnotist would put you through a few tests to find this out. It is difficult to test this on your own. An EEG (if you know how to read it, or the unit has an algorithm to let you know when your in a deep state) or a GSR is helpful. Use the Sunnen Trance Scale to determine what is going to work best for you.

I use self suggestions in the first person; "i am great", "I do not have the desire to smoke" where recorded affirmations are in the third person "you are great", "you have no desire to smoke" . keep suggestions positive. You can find good suggestions to use on the internet. Pick the ones that resonate with you.

Subliminals never worked for me, although if you believe in them, and you know that they are there, it can work. My attitude is it doesn't hurt to try. Binaural beats don't do much for entraining to specific frequencies, but they are hypnotic and can induce a trance. Again, a biofeedback device is valuable, and use the Sunnen Scale to see what works best for you.

Ramps are not really needed at all- you will be entrained if given enough time. The rule of thumb is drop 1 Hz per min. If you are eperienced, you can tighten this shorter, or not use them at all. A trick is to add a post hypnotic suggestion "it will be easier to reach this state each time you use it" or even "you will instantly drop to a deep relaxed state when you hear (trigger of your choice)"

Make sure your computer does not update to Win 10, or you will lose NP3 forever, if you didn't already know.

3. Default Re: How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    The best program is to use alpha sessions for visualizing and self suggestions. Theta is used for recorded scripts and affirmations. The mental process involved in visualizing and talking to yourself is too much to enter a theta state. Delta is too deep, unless you goal is anesthesia. To see what is going to work the best for you, take a sensory modality test. There is one built in to NP3. Also it will help to see how suggestible you are, or if you are an analytical thinker. A hypnotist would put you through a few tests to find this out. It is difficult to test this on your own. An EEG (if you know how to read it, or the unit has an algorithm to let you know when your in a deep state) or a GSR is helpful. Use the Sunnen Trance Scale to determine what is going to work best for you.

I use self suggestions in the first person; "i am great", "I do not have the desire to smoke" where recorded affirmations are in the third person "you are great", "you have no desire to smoke" . keep suggestions positive. You can find good suggestions to use on the internet. Pick the ones that resonate with you.

Ramps are not really needed at all- you will be entrained if given enough time. The rule of thumb is drop 1 Hz per min. If you are eperienced, you can tighten this shorter, or not use them at all. A trick is to add a post hypnotic suggestion "it will be easier to reach this state each time you use it" or even "you will instantly drop to a deep relaxed state when you hear (trigger of your choice)"

Make sure your computer does not update to Win 10, or you will lose NP3 forever, if you didn't already know.
    Thank you for all of your excellent suggestions. All of my recorded suggestions are in the 1st person as I had thought this would be more effective. So you are saying recorded suggestions are more effective in the 3rd person? Sounds like I will have to create some new recordings.

NP3 sessions have the ramps built into them, but of course can be modified...

Yes, I am well-aware of the dangers of Windows 10, of losing NP3 functionality. The first time I caught a glimpse of Windows 10 I thought there is no way I am upgrading to that piece-of-sh*t operating system. The bloatware, stupid tile interface, forced upgrades, and lack of aero glass were all deal breakers for me. I am so glad that I have hung onto Windows 7! I know MS has stopped updating it, but I have 2 cloned copies of my system drive at any given time, so if it ever gets infected or damaged beyond repair I just pop in my most recent clone and voila! I am back up and running in no time...

Thanks again for your response. You didn't mention anything about background music or sounds, of whether they are helpful or not.

Default Re: How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

Quote Originally Posted by SamadhiMan View Post
    Thank you for all of your excellent suggestions. All of my recorded suggestions are in the 1st person as I had thought this would be more effective. So you are saying recorded suggestions are more effective in the 3rd person? Sounds like I will have to create some new recordings.
    We tend not to trust ourselves as much as someone else's opinion. It also helps to imagine that they are coming from someone you trust such as a doctor, mentor, or expert. If you can make it sound that it is coming from such person, or even better have them make the recordings, even better.

NP3 sessions have the ramps built into them, but of course can be modified...
    If you are experienced, or relax into a trance easily, you can shorten them to spend more time in the target frequency. I like even a short ramp, just because it sounds pleasing to me. I think there is even "experienced" sessions built in to NP3. Shorter ramps = experienced.

Thanks again for your response. You didn't mention anything about background music or sounds, of whether they are helpful or not.
    Depends on how distracted you are by music. Sometimes noise or nothing at all provides more clarity. Sounds can be used as a trigger. Listening to a beach ambiance can trigger pleasant feelings of relaxation, or if you had a traumatic experience involving the ocean, it can trigger a panic attack. Changing up background sounds can help prevent habituation id you are using the same session over and over. Also, if you have a problem falling asleep, you can add a gentle "nudge" with sound to wake you up during long, deep sessions. If music helps you relax, then by all means use it. If you have an analytical mind, you can confuse the brain with music while sneaking in suggestions.

5. Default Re: How to Create the Most Effective Self-Hypnosis Session?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    We tend not to trust ourselves as much as someone else's opinion. It also helps to imagine that they are coming from someone you trust such as a doctor, mentor, or expert. If you can make it sound that it is coming from such person, or even better have them make the recordings, even better.
    Wow. All of the things I have ever read about subconscious programming stated that the MOST EFFECTIVE suggestions would be in our own voice in the first person. I based all of my scripts on this premise. Now you are telling me the exact opposite! I don't know what to think...

Thread Information