Thread: Lost left audio channel

Default Lost left audio channel

Just got a used unit. Previous owner said it was barely used. Paid a fair amount for it. Initially, I had to jiggle the headphone jack to get both channels. After 3 sessions, left channel went out. Previous owner doens't have distributor information. I can send it back, but my goal is to have a working unit. I have to send it somewhere (i.e., trip to the post office). If there is no known potential fix(es) for this issue, can I send it in to Mindplace for repair? If so, what's the estimated cost? If there are known remedies for this problem, please share. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lost left audio channel

Hello and welcome!

Have you been able to determine if the problem is definitely the console and not the headphones? Please try another set of headphones or plug the headphones you're using into another device to make sure the problem is in the console not the headphones.

Yes, you can send the unit back to Mindplace for repair, if it is the console. The fix is to replace the headphone jack in the console. You would need to contact mindplace at http://www.mindplace.com to find out the cost of repairs.

If it's the headphones, it'd be cheaper to buy another set of inexpensive headphones rather than have them repaired.

Let me know if that answers your question.

-Andy.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried the headphone, switching between several reliable pairs. No dice! I also opened the machine after reading a thread by a mindplace forum subscriber who had a similar issue, lived in China, could solder, and couldn't practically send the unit into WA. The jack appeared unscathed! No sign of damage. I closed the machine backup, figuring it best to "do no harm." At this juncture, it goes back to mindplace or it goes back to the person I bought it from - either way, it's getting boxed. Thanks for the advice.

By the way, does Mindplace have a phone number?

Blog Entries

The best way to reach them is via their web site. Go there and register and they'll be in touch right away. https://checkout.netsuite.com/app/ce...ACCT27957&sc=6

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

-Andy.

Thread Information