Thread: Feature request

1. Smile Feature request

Hello,

i would like to ask about a firmware feature request.

I bought my first mind machine in the early 90s.
    The Mind Activator from the company Novag.

Now nearly 25 years later i bought the Kasina.

I remember by pressing the pause button at the Novag, while the sesson was running, the goggles didnt shut down the lights. Also the Sound still running (white/pink?) Noise.

For me this was a "Killer Feature".
    Because at the moment where your brain creates the kalaydoskop patterns i was able to "freeze" the sesson to enjoy the pattern images as long as i wanted.

During the "freeze" moment the Mind Activator still runs (white/pink?) noise over the headphones and the current oscilating frequence for the lights.
    This worked very well.

I know with Audio/Spectra Strobe this wont work.

But what about KBS ?

May i ask you to implement this "killer " feature to an upcoming update ?

I would like enjoy the KBS Procyon for Kasina sessons with the possibillity to freeze the sesson when my brain starts to paint visionary pictures.

I hope to get a feedback from you concerning my topic.

regards
    Michael / germany

Blog Entries

Default Re: Feature request

Hi Michael;

Thank you for writing in. The Proteus and Procyon devices both worked that way, but caused confusion with users because they are very used to their music players (MP3 players, CD players, smartphones) actually stopping play when paused. It was disconcerting when the sound and lights didn't stop, even though it was intentionally designed that way for the exact reasons you describe.

You are correct that this would not be possible when playing audio tracks (SS, AS or CO), but it might be possible with KBS. However, it would likely need to be an option in settings so that we wouldn't get the barrage of complaints about the device "not stopping" when paused!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Feature request

Hi Andy,

thank you for the quick respond

Are there plans for an upcoming firmware upgrade ?

Or in other words is there a chance that the developers can implement such an option
    into the settings menu for guys like me who appreciate an feature like this ?

To ask you about the firmware version where this feature was implemented seems not
    the smartest thing ; because i dont know if there is an downgrade possibility

regards
    Michael

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deepthougth View Post
    Are there plans for an upcoming firmware upgrade ?

Or in other words is there a chance that the developers can implement such an option
    into the settings menu for guys like me who appreciate an option like this ?
    It's the first time this has ever been asked for, and the Kasina has been around a long time, so I'm not sure if anyone else would find this useful. However, I will put it on the list and if it's easily possible then it may be included in a future update.

To ask you about the firmware version where this feature was implemented seems not
    the smartest thing ; because i dont know if there is an downgrade possibility

regards
    Michael
    It was never a function in the Kasina (or Limina). They have always paused with a stop in the sound and lights just like an audio player.
    It was the Proteus and Procyon that worked differently. The Proteus and Procyon are older, discontinued products from MindPlace.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Feature request

@Andy,

again thank you for the quick respond.

i think this feature will also find more user who will love it.

Due to this i cross my fingers for myself and hope the best.

Last but not least IS it an feature for the discontinued Procyon or WAS it feature for the Procyon by an older Firmware revision ?

Michael

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deepthougth View Post
    @Andy,

again thank you for the quick respond.

i think this feature will also find more user who will love it.

Due to this i cross my fingers for myself and hope the best.
    No problem. May or may not happen, however.

Last but not least IS it an feature for the discontinued Procyon or WAS it feature for the Procyon by an older Firmware revision ?

Michael
    I'm pretty sure it was that way from the get-go. Been a while since I played with one though.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Feature request

I would just like to say I have a Limina and would love an option like that.

Andy is correct, both the Proteus and Procyon could be "paused" at a particular segment's value, which led to some negative feedback. Reminds me of some recent Amazon reviews; one person dinged us for not including bluetooth audio, and another thanked us for not including bluetooth or wifi.

Both Kasina and Limina now have manual frequency control modes, though, so if you know where your "sweet spot" frequency is, you can tune in and just float there...

Thread Information