Thread: Complete newbie here, just purchased a Kasina, need tutorial help!

Default Complete newbie here, just purchased a Kasina, need tutorial help!

Hello all, thank you for letting me be part of this fantastic forum. I have just purchased a Kasina and would like help on how to download sessions and where to put them etc. Also I've briefly read here about color changing and the like, I would like some help with that too. Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Default Re: Complete newbie here, just purchased a Kasina, need tutorial help!

Hey Tony, Welcome!

Thank you for joining us! Here are the instructions on how to get your downloaded content onto your Kasina's micro-SD storage card.

Instructions:
    If you have an SD card slot on your computer or an SD card reader adapter for your computer, that would be the quickest and fastest way to do this. If you don't have that, then using the Kasina as the micro-SD card reader will still work, but the process will just take a little longer.

For Windows Users:

1. If you have not yet downloaded your content, do so and save it somewhere that's easy to find (like your desktop)
    2. Double-click the downloaded file and select "Extract All" to unzip the files into their folder(s). The new folder should be created in the same location as the downloaded .zip file.

If you're using an SD slot on your computer or SD card reader:

3. Take the micro-SD card out of the Kasina, and insert it into the included micro-SD to SD card adapter that came with your Kasina.
    4. Put the SD card adapter with the micro-SD card inside it into your SD card slot or SD card reader (with the reader plugged into your computer). Next, skip to Step 5.

If using the Kasina as the micro-SD card reader:

3. With the micro-SD card inserted into the Kasina, connect the Kasina to your computer via USB.
    4. Power on the Kasina (if not already on) and on the Kasina, go to the USB icon and press the center button

Next:

5. The micro-SD Card should show up on your computer as an external drive on your Desktop.
    6. Copy all the files you saved from the download to the micro-SD card. If they are in a folder, you can copy the folder so that the new sessions are easy to find on your Kasina.
    7. When the copying completes, put the micro-SD card back in the Kasina (if you were using an SD card reader) and power cycle the Kasina and try a session.

For Mac Users:

1. If you have not yet downloaded your content, do so and save it somewhere that's easy to find (like your desktop)
    2. Double-click the downloaded file which will create a new folder that will contain the session(s) you downloaded.

If you're using an SD slot on your computer or SD card reader:

3. Take the micro-SD card out of the Kasina, and insert it into the included micro-SD to SD card adapter that came with your Kasina, or the adapter that came with your new micro-SD card.
    4. Put the SD card adapter with the micro-SD card inside it into your SD card slot or SD card reader (with the reader plugged into your computer). Next, skip to Step 5.

If using the Kasina as the micro-SD card reader:

3. With the micro-SD card inserted into the Kasina, connect the Kasina to your computer via USB.
    4. Power on the Kasina (if not already on) and on the Kasina, go to the USB icon and press the center button

Next:

5. The micro-SD card should show up on your computer as an external drive on your Desktop.
    6. Copy all the files you saved from the download to the micro-SD card. If they are in a folder, you can copy the folder so that the new sessions are easy to find on your Kasina.
    7. When the copying completes, put the micro-SD card back in the Kasina (if you were using an SD card reader) and power cycle the Kasina and try a session.

Please let me know how you make out.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Andy! Much appreciated! I’ve worked it out, I just want to learn more about the color sets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonydean View Post
    Thanks Andy! Much appreciated! I’ve worked it out, I just want to learn more about the color sets.
    Excellent.

Start with this explanation about ColorSets. Note that SpectraStrobe sessions ignore the ColorSet. ColorSets are for KBS and AudioStrobe sessions only.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks again Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by tonydean View Post
    Hello all, thank you for letting me be part of this fantastic forum. I have just purchased a Kasina and would like help on how to download sessions and where to put them etc. Also I've briefly read here about color changing and the like, I would like some help with that too. Thanks in advance
    If you didn't know, join the MindPlace Facebook Group. New sessions to download are posted periodically. You can find a bunch here that were posted a while back during the 30 Day Meditation Challenge http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...sion-Downloads

Hi guys,

Could you please suggest any tools/tutorials to create my own sessions for Kasina?
    Can I follow somebody's example, e.g. use an existing session as an example?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s_arty View Post
    Hi guys,

Could you please suggest any tools/tutorials to create my own sessions for Kasina?
    Can I follow somebody's example, e.g. use an existing session as an example?

Thanks
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...ons-with-a-DAW

Follow this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Joe, thank you so much for such a tutorial!
    Looks like this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Information