Thread: Creating SpectraStrobe Sessions using a DAW

1. Default Creating SpectraStrobe Sessions using a DAW

Hi All,

I've been trying my hardest to make SS sessions using Audacity and the associated plugins and chains that were provided on this forums, however I'm having no luck.

The Kasina continually identifies the incoming signal as AS even after I generate the reference signal using the Generate -> SpectraStrobe Reference Generator in Audacity.

I USED to be able to do this perfectly fine. However that was years ago, and I'm just now coming back to my beloved Kasina after a 3 year hiatus. I am not having much luck on finding tutorials or reference guides for how to do this in Audacity anywhere. SpectraStrobe and me don't seem to be happening.

The other question I have is probably just as puzzling: how do you modulate the red/green/blue light channels? And which "Generate" is the right one to create the basic steady-state strobe: Generate -> SpectraStrobe Color Generator OR Generate -> SpectraStrobe Tone Generator (and selecting either color)

I guess what I'm really asking, is where did all the useful tutorials go that made this easy for me learn in about 2 hours 3 years ago, and why I can't seem to do or find those tutorials anymore. I went looking for the videos on YouTube and the only one I could find was for extracting data from pre-formed sessions. None for new sessions from scratch.

I don't have the funds to pay for Mind Workstation or MuLabs stuff.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating SpectraStrobe Sessions using a DAW

Hi Bjornke;

The Audacity and KBSE tutorials were out of date and no longer valid, so they were taken down.

You can create SS sessions using the new free plugins and Reaper, likely Audacity would work as well, but I can't figure out how to insert "generator" type plugins in that program. Reaper is very easy to use.

TONs of great info about SS and the free plugins are here: http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...e-VST-plug-ins

I've attached a sample reaper project. (It's labelled MacOS, but it should work fine on Windows as well) I'm by no means any sort of expert on creating SS sessions, but I know that the plugins do work on Reaper, and the cool thing is that I can plug the Kasina into my computer via USB and the SS signal is there, even when the project is paused! Just set the Kasina to USB and your output in Reaper to Kasina MMS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Creating SpectraStrobe Sessions using a DAW

Hi Andy,

I actually did make a breakthrough yesterday with Audacity. I was able to create my session just fine after tweaking some bits here and there. What I was missing was the Pan LFO on the reference signal. After I figured that bit out, all is well. Thanks anyways

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating SpectraStrobe Sessions using a DAW

That's great!

Were you using the old audacity plugins or the new ones I linked?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information