Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

1. Default Mind machine for people with limited hearing

Hello there!

Was thinking about purchasing a mind machine, was thinking about the Laxman because of the Ganzfeld thing.

However, my hearing on my right ear is practically non-existent so binaural beats are not working for me. Does these play a significant role? How would the Laxman perform in this respect?

Or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

MindPlace Kasina or Limina together with the Deep Vision glasses will give you a more versatile system at half the cost of a Laxman.

Hearing loss will prevent you from hearing binaural beats, but BB's don't do much entraining anyway. Most sessions that are entraining to specific frequencies use isochronic tones, or some other form of sound modulation. Photic eye flashing produces a much stronger cortical response, and is generally considered more powerful than auditory based sessions. You can adjust the sound balance to possibly make up for the hearing loss, or if you know the (pitch) frequency of your hearing loss, you can create tones in the range that you can hear.

3. Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

Thanks for the reply!

But do these have anything similar to the Ganzfeld effect? I am mostly interested in using a mind machine for meditation, although lucid dreaming and OBE's might be interesting..
    My ear canal on my right ear is closed, so I don't think adjusting sound balance will help. Isochronic tones work.
    Regarding photic eye flashing, would this produce an effect similar to EMDR? My girlfriend has gone to EMDR therapy for treating trauma, this might be helpful to her.. I also believe I have PTSD, could mind machines be helpful in treating trauma?

4. Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

Aha, so the deep vision glasses has the Ganzfeld effect. Cool. I was not looking for all the fancy colours and so on, just for the consciousness expanding effect of only seeing the white light.. I might go for the Kasina..

Quote Originally Posted by Monoborealis View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

But do these have anything similar to the Ganzfeld effect? I am mostly interested in using a mind machine for meditation, although lucid dreaming and OBE's might be interesting..
    My ear canal on my right ear is closed, so I don't think adjusting sound balance will help. Isochronic tones work.
    Regarding photic eye flashing, would this produce an effect similar to EMDR? My girlfriend has gone to EMDR therapy for treating trauma, this might be helpful to her.. I also believe I have PTSD, could mind machines be helpful in treating trauma?
    I have emulated EMDR in a number of sessions. Using light may be beneficial because your eyes can follow the light even with eyes closed. Closing the eyes increases alpha brainwaves, which is helpful in memory recall and visualization. Bone conduction headphones may be helpful, but I doubt if they can create a binaural beat. If you have a session that uses binaural beats (steady tone to each ear), you can set your player to mono, which woulf convert the binaural beat into a monaural beat. Monaural beats do not face the same limitations that BB's have.

The Ganzfeld effect is that of sensory deprivation. The use of color is arbitrary, although a lot of people get more stunning results using red light.

6. Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

I have recently gotten a bone conduction hearing aid. But it takes some time to get used to, and I cannot send sound to the version I have now wirelessly.. Also unsure of the frequency range I can hear with it, for now at least it is limited, as I have been practically deaf on that side for 45 years. The brain needs to relearn..

Can these machines be used without a computer nearby?

Blog Entries

Can these machines be used without a computer nearby?
    All MindPlace products are designed to be used on their own, without a computer connection.
    That being said, the Kasina is the only device that can store all the session tracks on micro-SD cards. What that means is that even though all the other devices have built-in sessions, larger SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe or music files cannot be stored on the device, except in the case of the Kasina.
    This makes the Kasina much more convenient as it has basically unlimited storage capacity.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

Just got my Kasina How do I set the player to mono?

Blog Entries

Just got my Kasina How do I set the player to mono?
    Because of the desire for most users to have the ability to play BB tracks, this is not a function on the Kasina.

Since you are not interested in BB tracks and are only listening to one channel, having mono or stereo should not make any difference.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

10. Default Re: Mind machine for people with limited hearing

I am offcourse interested in having the greatest possible effect out of my mind machine, that includes sounds as well. Not interested in BB as it does not work for me. But isochronic or monaural beats yes. So the person claiming you could set the player to mono was wrong.
    Last edited by Monoborealis; 07-29-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Thread Information