Thread: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifically?

1. Default Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifically?

Hi, I'm new. I mean, are there forums that strictly discuss the science of brainwave entrainment?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifical

Welcome!

Other than support for the MP products, that's what this forum's all about!
    We have a dedicated forum for such discussions:
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/fo...The-Mind-Place

Here's a few topics to get you started!
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...ochronic-Tones
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...nes-to-session
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...ochronic-tones
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifical

Quote Originally Posted by unbekannt View Post
    Hi, I'm new. I mean, are there forums that strictly discuss the science of brainwave entrainment?
    Please be aware that the term "binaural beats" has evolved to blanket almost all forms of audio entrainment. I would say that 95% of what is called "binaural beats" are really isochronic tones, monaural beats, or some kind of other spacial sound modulation. Download the headphone Testing Utility https://www.dropbox.com/s/erfzs3746m...ility.mp3?dl=0 and try the test on what is claimed to be "binaural beats" If you can hear a beat or pulse in eather stereo side, it is not a binaural beat.

There is a huge following on Reddit for binaural beats, only modest or small for other forms of entrainment.

4. Default Re: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifical

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Please be aware that the term "binaural beats" has evolved to blanket almost all forms of audio entrainment. I would say that 95% of what is called "binaural beats" are really isochronic tones, monaural beats, or some kind of other spacial sound modulation. Download the headphone Testing Utility https://www.dropbox.com/s/erfzs3746m...ility.mp3?dl=0 and try the test on what is claimed to be "binaural beats" If you can hear a beat or pulse in eather stereo side, it is not a binaural beat.

There is a huge following on Reddit for binaural beats, only modest or small for other forms of entrainment.
    Oh, I know... I think it's to take away from the fact that our brains can be so easily entrained. Is there a good place where users can share their tones and experiences, techniques, etc?

Blog Entries

Is there a good place where users can share their tones and experiences, techniques, etc?
    Right here!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifical

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I think that my threads would be sticking out like a sore thumb... I would like to have discussions on EEG patterns and very specific frequencies.

Blog Entries

To be perfectly honest, I think that my threads would be sticking out like a sore thumb
    Not at all.
    What do you have to lose?
    -Andy.

To be perfectly honest, I think that my threads would be sticking out like a sore thumb... I would like to have discussions on EEG patterns and very specific frequencies.
    There are many BWE nerds here! What EEG do you use?

9. Default Re: Are there any Online Communities that revolve around Isochronic Tones, specifical

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    There are many BWE nerds here! What EEG do you use?
    I don't currently own one but I was looking into getting one for perhaps several hundred bucks. OpenBCI, perhaps. It would be truly awesome to try out my custom made tones with an EEG.

I have the Emotiv Epoc. Their Insight headset will do well as it includes a CZ placement where entrainment is usually measured. A lot of folks use the Muse, which puts the placements on the prefrontal cortex. The Neurosky has limited raw data available, but makes up or it with a pretty accurate algorithm to determine brainwave states.

Thread Information