Thread: Where to start?

1. Cool Where to start?

Hi all,

Thank you for all your amazing insights reflected on the forums. I've hardly scratched the surface.

I'm hoping I can get some quick pointers. You seem to be the local expert on "coding up audio tracks to dance with light."

It's been years since this was updated... I'd love some pointers on where to start, as that I've found are out of date. Available tools appear to have changed, etc.

I don't know how to think of SpectraStrobe vs. AudioStrobe. And, I don't know what tools exist today, from audacity plugins to MWS, etc.

I'd appreciate insights on how to proceed!

Default Re: Where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by mebstyne View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for all your amazing insights reflected on the forums. I've hardly scratched the surface.

I'm hoping I can get some quick pointers. You seem to be the local expert on "coding up audio tracks to dance with light."

It's been years since this was updated... I'd love some pointers on where to start, as that I've found are out of date. Available tools appear to have changed, etc.

I don't know how to think of SpectraStrobe vs. AudioStrobe. And, I don't know what tools exist today, from audacity plugins to MWS, etc.

I'd appreciate insights on how to proceed!
    What is your experience so far?

If you are familiar with Audiostrobe, Spectrastrobe is an updated format that gives precise control of the RGB LED's

Transparent Corp is defunct. If you have a working copy of MWS or NP3, consider yourself lucky, and DO NOT UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10! There is a plugin and a basic session editor available for free download. There are things in the works as a replacement for MWS, but nothing solid yet.

3. Default Re: Where to start?

Thank you JoeV. I'm grateful for your reply.

Thus far I have only downloaded some free download: "MindPlace Kasina Editor." I've flipped through it a few times, hoping that I might touch base with someone who is acquainted with the strengths and limitations to quickly assess if it is worth the effort and what the alternatives may be.

I suppose a great starting point would be an enumeration of the available options. (I do not have any copies of MWS or NP3. I'm already onto Windows 10 for all machines.) If anyone can take a shot enumerating the options available for Windows 10 for taking an existing audio track and programming specific frequencies for the lights through different portions of the track, that would be much appreciated?

Thank you kindly.

Default Re: Where to start?

If you are familiar with DAW's there is a very good plugin that encodes Spectrastrobe light into a sound file. http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...e-VST-plug-ins

Thread Information