Thread: Help a total Newbie make a Purchase--Limina or Kasina?

Default Help a total Newbie make a Purchase--Limina or Kasina?

Hi all,

I meditate some, but have been having problems lately. I'm planning to purchase one of these two devices, but I am not sure which. I've reviewed both of the specs sheets for these two products--so I know the basics that the Kasina offers more storage but the Limina has more pre-programmed settings, etc. The thing is that I know very little about these devices. So, I thought I'd act the people who do know.

I know one has more programs, but does one have "better" programs than the other?
    Does the Kasina have better audio/LED than the Limina?
    Are there certain upgrades that one can accept that the other can't?
    Anything else I need to know?

I was planning to wait on the Deepvision glasses, but may also ask you all's advice on those.

Right now, I'm inclined to go with the Limina, but I can afford the extra money if the other really is better. What I can't really do is turn around and buy a second set (I've saved for this one). So, I want to buy the right one and have it last.

I guess my thing is, I know the Kasina has more stuff, but is it stuff that is useful/needed? Is it noticeably better, or are they just nice add-ons?

Thank you all,

Czenzi
    Last edited by Czenzi; 05-01-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help a total Newbie make a Purchase--Limina or Kasina?

The main differences between the Kasina and Limina are:

Kasina has a rechargeable battery, Limina uses AA batteries.
    Kasina has a high-res color LCD display, Limina a monochrome low-res display.
    Kasina has a micro-SD card for easy expansion of space for sessions, Limina has fixed internal memory.
    Kasina has a built-in .mp3 and .wav player and can play tracks from the micro-SD card, Limina does not.
    Kasina retails for US$359, Limina sells for US$259.

Here is a handy comparison chart.

Even though each ship with a different set of sessions, ALL sessions are available for both devices and are compatible with both. The catch is that the Limina cannot store the large audio files (SS/AS) "onboard", and would need to have them streamed via the AUX or USB inputs.

There are no other differences. Both produce the same output, sound and light-wise. Both can use the DeepVision Ganzframes, but the Kasina is offered as a bundle with a cost savings associated with it.

If you have the money, "Buy once, Cry once" has always been my mantra.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Help a total Newbie make a Purchase--Limina or Kasina?

Thank you for the info. It seems like I should go with the Kasina based on this. I really appreciate your help.

Thread Information