Thread: Advanced Questions about Limina

1. Default Advanced Questions about Limina

Hello,

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to AVS -- 6 months. I own 3 AVS machines -- Limina, Procyon, and a PhotoSonix Lumina. I have found benefits far beyond what is stated from all the machines. The Limina, with it's manual mode and session editor, is my favorite as these options have been the most powerful for me!

Here are my questions:

1. Are the internal components of the Kasina better than the Limina, or is it just a better user interface? I am considering purchasing a Kasina hoping it will solve a couple issues.

2. What is the best way to get a crisp strobe light effect in the higher frequency ranges -- gamma for instance?

A. I find with Manual Mode the strobe effect washes out to pure "light" above about 45hz.

B. In Session Editor Mode at higher frequencies the strobe effect is better but seems to key off some resonance or interference between Frequency and Beat and flashes on that. I assume this is part of the Audio-Strobe technology. Is there a setting I have missed to turn this off?

3. In Session Editor Mode it seems at narrower square light pulse widths (<25%) there seems to be resistance in the electrics of the machine which make the strobe light unstable. Any ideas? Would the Kasina handle this better?

Thank you in advance for any input!
    Last edited by erj1452002; 03-11-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Thread Information