PROCYON together with ThoughtStream or
    PROTEUS together with ThoughtStream.
    What cable I must use for joining?

Sergey

Blog Entries

Default Re: PROCYON together with ThoughtStream

Hi Sergey;

Welcome to the forums!

The Procyon does not work with the Thoughtstream. There's a new product coming out (hopefully soon) called the PreSage that will interface with the Procyon.

The Thoughtstream will interface quite well with the Proteus. It uses a 3.5mm stereo cable which is supplied with the Proteus.

Good day to all. I am a new user and I write from Italy. I think I see that Procyon has more advanced features than the Proteus, is the latest version of the project. But the Proteus has a great advantage: it can be controlled by ThoughtStream, forming together a very sophisticated stimulus-feedback system. I am considering the purchase of these products. But I would like some information on the old project Pre Sage. Has finally been abandoned? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Blog Entries

Hello and Welcome!

PreSage will not happen any time soon, unfortunately.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: PROCYON together with ThoughtStream

Hi.
    Has the PreSage project been abandoned or will it just take a bit longer to complete it?

Blog Entries

It has been almost 6 years. It's not really on the radar anymore. There may be something coming down the line in the future, but it'll probably be a completely new product.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

We developed a series of PreSage prototypes, but ran into various technical issues which unfortunately led us to set the project aside (and the person who was developing the Windows-hosted control panel and apps decided to stop working on the code, for no particular reason). The hardware/firmware engineer and I stay in touch, and periodically discuss possibilities with the technology we developed, but as Andy mentioned, it's been half a decade, and technologies have advanced considerably. If the PreSage does emerge, the underlying concept will have evolved significantly from what we had intended to bring to the market. Anyway, the good news is, the PreSage does control the Procyon. The bad news is, there are only three of them in existence! We are following the home/personal growth/game related biofeedback market with interest, I can say.

8. Default Re: PROCYON together with ThoughtStream

Thanks for the update!
    I suppose the three PreSage devices in existence are taken?

Somebody had actually told me that the Proteus could be connected to a biofeedback device and the Procyon could not before I bought it, so I knew. However, the eBay store from which I bought it still said that the PreSage was due to come out soon (in the description). I guess they have an old description. My Procyon is new though (the latest version Rev.3).

I still thought that the Procyon would be nicer than the Proteus when I bought it (for example 15 shades of colour vs 255) and also thought that sooner or later something will come out for the Procyon because the Procyon is one of the most popular and best mind machines.

I'll see if I can locate that errant dealer who is talking about PreSage in his eBay shop... but glad you knew what the situation was before ordering. We'll have a couple announcements related to the Procyon to make over the next several months, which I think you will enjoy... ;-)

Thread Information