Thread: Kasina Ganzframes damaged jack replacement (out of iPhone headphones) possible?

Default Kasina Ganzframes damaged jack replacement (out of iPhone headphones) possible?

Hello guys!

I have a Kasina Ganzframes goggles with the damaged 3,5mm jack so I wanted to find some replacement for it and as one, who is not educated in wiring, I am asking you for the help. I do not know if the question is not beside the point totally, but I wanted to use old jack out of the Apple headphones with mic. The picture 1 show wiring info for Apple headphones and the second one is out of Kasina goggles (black wire) and iPhone one (white). But I m totally missing what should go where to be connected properly. If my idea is wrong, is there any other possibility how to repair it? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Milos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Ganzframes damaged jack replacement (out of iPhone headphones) possible?

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Kasina Ganzframes damaged jack replacement (out of iPhone headphones) possible?

Hello Andy,

thank you for reply. Yep, it is on sticky here. I am just not able to get it work... I even bought another 4-pole wire, but I am not succesfull. Maybe I should ask at the first place if that ganzframes, what do I have, are really for the Kasina... They are exactly the same as Procyon Superbright Ganzframes (black) but one person sold them to me with Kasina... So the proper quetstion at first place should be - can be ganzframes for kasina black too (like this https://mindplace.com/collections/ga...ght-ganzframes ) or were they always white only?

Thank you!

M.

Blog Entries

The first generation of Kasinas that came out had Black Ganzframes. It can be very difficult to tell the difference between a set of those older Kasina Ganzframes and the Procyon ones. It's easy now, since the Kasina now uses white Ganzframes.
    Usually the way I checked in the past was to hook them up to a Kasina and run the test track. If they light up properly on the Kasina using the test track, then I knew they were Kasina Ganzframes. Procyon Ganzframes do not have separation of left and right. Both sides light up at the same time.

Obviously the easiest fix would be to purchase a replacement pair of Ganzframes (maybe update to the eyes-open DeepVision style), but if you're bound and determined to fix these, remembering that they might be broken elsewhere too, not just the jack, then maybe buy a connector and solder that on, rather than using a cable and plug from another device. Something like these.

First, though, I would test the Ganzframes using a 1.5 battery and a 150 ohm resistor in series with the battery.
    1. Connect the (-) of the battery to the common wire on the Ganzframes.
    2. Connect the (+) of the battery to one side of the 150 ohm resistor.
    3. Connect the other side of the 150 ohm resistor to one of the other wires on the Ganzframes.
    4. Make note of which LED lights up (Red, Green, Blue) and write that down, so you know which wire is which.
    If they are Kasina Ganzframes, only 1 side will light up. If they are Procyon, both sides might light up.

Repeat Steps 3 & 4 with the other wires until you have determined which wire is which LED.

Next, reverse the battery so that the (+) of the battery is connected to the common wire and the (-) of the battery is connected to the resistor.
    Repeat Steps 3 & 4 to see that all the LEDs on the OTHER side of the Ganzframes light up. This will verify the wiring and show that everything else is ok with the Ganzframes.

Then, if all is well, get soldering. Might be good to get some help from someone if you're not proficient in soldering. The wires and connections are tiny.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thank you very much for an excellent and detailed instructions. The are working fine. I used them until the jack was damaged. I already have Deep vision ones, but I prefer to take classic ganzframes when I’m traveling. I have Procyon also but those are not suitable for Kasina due to polarity. I contacted support already and managed the LED stripes to be shipped, because I would like to make a “sleep mask” with those...

Milos

Thread Information